Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ireland-081214-l229-2131814_478x359.jpg

Simon Ireland
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:00 9th December 2014
by James Hilsum
I would expect whatever team is picked to get the ball down, pass it around and play in a similar way to us."
Simon Ireland

Simon Ireland is expecting Milton Keynes Dons to play a brand of attractive, passing football in Brighton & Hove Albion under-21s’ opening group match of the Final Third Development League Cup at Culver Road, 1pm kick-off.
There is no restriction on the number of senior players that can feature in the game and Ireland is expecting a high-quality contest.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I know their first-team manager Karl Robinson, as I worked with him at Blackburn.
“I also managed against him when I was in charge of the youth team there.
“They are one of the best footballing teams of League One and I would expect whatever team is picked to get the ball down, pass it around and play in a similar way to us.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Albion have been placed in Southern Group A of the competition, which also includes Luton Town, Gillingham, Cambridge United and AFC Wimbledon. The top two teams in the group will then progress into the semi-finals.
Entry is free to all spectators for this initial Final Third Development Cup match, while arrangements for the home games against Cambridge United and AFC Wimbledon have yet to be confirmed.*
[h=3]ALBION V MILLWALL
[/h]FRIDAY 12TH November, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]friday 26th december, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v BRENTFORD
[/h]SATURDAY 17TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here