Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knocker boys book

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
They were being sold in the Open Market, Saturday I picked up a signed copy for the wife for Christmas. Should be interesting reading.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I saw the book on sale at the Open Market yesterday. Looked interesting but we were in a hurry so I couldn't stop. Especially liked the bloke all dressed up, selling it. I assume it was for marketing purposes but you never can tell with Brighton. For all I know the spiv in zoot suit might well be the latest hipster fashion.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
thanks for this - will go and get one now.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I always imagined these blokes were going around trying to rip off people's grand-parents. I didn't appreciate the Dick Van-Dyke element to their trade.

I have never met one who has swept a chimney driven a flying vintage car or moonlighted as a detective whilst maintaining a day job as a doctor

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I saw the book on sale at the Open Market yesterday. Looked interesting but we were in a hurry so I couldn't stop. Especially liked the bloke all dressed up, selling it. I assume it was for marketing purposes but you never can tell with Brighton. For all I know the spiv in zoot suit might well be the latest hipster fashion.

Stevie martin. Brighton legend.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Very thin on actual knocker stories I thought. I have a couple of good ones, there's probably a few (of the boys) in the 1901 and a couple of my friends from those days live "abroad."
To somebody that wasn't out and about in the Town that was Brighton at the end of the fifties and beginning of the 60's, it probably reads as ..........how naughty and exciting. Just ordinary everyday fare. Very nicely printed and presented for self publishing. Woodingdean Post Office can supply you with a copy or on Ebay also from Woodingdean plus postage.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Very thin on actual knocker stories I thought. I have a couple of good ones, there's probably a few (of the boys) in the 1901 and a couple of my friends from those days live "abroad."
To somebody that wasn't out and about in the Town that was Brighton at the end of the fifties and beginning of the 60's, it probably reads as ..........how naughty and exciting. Just ordinary everyday fare. Very nicely printed and presented for self publishing. Woodingdean Post Office can supply you with a copy or on Ebay also from Woodingdean plus postage.

No surprise they all live in woodingdean now anyway 😀

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here