Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

3 Not allowed!
    I remember when people used to complain about our football under Poyet.....and our biggest "problem" was that we couldn't win from behind.

If those people were upset THEN they must be in ANGUISH now
    The Bernie Taupin of the Football Chant world

Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not the sharpest tool in the draw are you?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      That at the beginning of August we would be in the relegation zone with just 3 league wins in 20 games.

How can a team, who finished the previous two seasons in the play-offs, implode so badly. Even more galling we were seen by opposition clubs as one of the hardest sides to beat - a benchmark for THEIR performance. Review any away club fans forum and any result achieved against us was seen as a feather in their cap.

The table doesn't lie, as the old cliche goes, I understand that. But really, and forgive my arrogance, there are a number of sides in this division who five months ago you would have put you mortgage on to beat.

Think about it, we were the only side to lose at cash strapped Birmingham in 16 games, struggled and could have lost at home to Rotherham, threw in the towel against Middlesbrough (and many other games). The list goes on.

So here I am, along with countless other loyal Albion fans, tucking into a huge portion of humble pie whilst trying to explain to non-Albion football fans where it's all gone wrong.

Oh the humility and embarrassment of it all.
      I said back in august that after we sold our best players and we're recruiting players of lesser quality that we would be in a relegation struggle , add to that a novice manager who is not up to the job you have a recipe for failure
      The great escape British Bulldog's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JBizzle View Post
      What worries, no, terrifies me, is that I've heard Bloom, Barber and Hyypia repeat the mantra that we are "competitive", .
      But we are competitive, we're competing very hard for a relegation spot.
      She's got her knickers in a twist again

1 Not allowed!
      That at the beginning of August we would be in the relegation zone with just 3 league wins in 20 games.

How can a team, who finished the previous two seasons in the play-offs, implode so badly. Even more galling we were seen by opposition clubs as one of the hardest sides to beat - a benchmark for THEIR performance. Review any away club fans forum and any result achieved against us was seen as a feather in their cap.

The table doesn't lie, as the old cliche goes, I understand that. But really, and forgive my arrogance, there are a number of sides in this division who five months ago you would have put you mortgage on to beat.

Think about it, we were the only side to lose at cash strapped Birmingham in 16 games, struggled and could have lost at home to Rotherham, threw in the towel against Middlesbrough (and many other games). The list goes on.

So here I am, along with countless other loyal Albion fans, tucking into a huge portion of humble pie whilst trying to explain to non-Albion football fans where it's all gone wrong.

Oh the humility and embarrassment of it all.
      Overlong

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Seagull View Post
      Overlong
      Overlong
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jimhigham View Post
      It's a sad state of affairs when I am checking in on NSC just to see if there is any word of a sacking.
      Just what I am doing ,as well.

6 Not allowed!

How can a team, who finished the previous two seasons in the play-offs, implode so badly.
      Generous use of the word team. Only Dunk played at Derby in the playoffs and on Saturday. What it is now is a bunch of anonymous loaned nobodies with no backbone or spine individually or collectively and with individuals played apparently at random and then somewhere different on the pitch every week. It's not hard to work out why we are so shit.
      DI CANIO FOR MANAGER.

1 Not allowed!
      We did the same in 1991/92, got to play off final and lost, sold our best players and relegated in 1992
      Complete Twaddle

0 Not allowed!
      'The way that Hyypia's side were brushed aside in this match was inexcusable.'

(The Sunday Times on the Derby match)

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bombadier Botty View Post
      'The way that Hyypia's side were brushed aside in this match was inexcusable.'

(The Sunday Times on the Derby match)
      Yes, I read that yesterday and winced, because I knew that it was so true.
      Did you play in the Garden of Eden? Were the goalkeeper's gloves to you tossed?
      Cos it seems to me you're the reason, you're the reason why Paradise Lost.