Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

Who Would Have Thought It?

2 Not allowed!
    That at the beginning of August we would be in the relegation zone with just 3 league wins in 20 games.

How can a team, who finished the previous two seasons in the play-offs, implode so badly. Even more galling we were seen by opposition clubs as one of the hardest sides to beat - a benchmark for THEIR performance. Review any away club fans forum and any result achieved against us was seen as a feather in their cap.

The table doesn't lie, as the old cliche goes, I understand that. But really, and forgive my arrogance, there are a number of sides in this division who five months ago you would have put you mortgage on to beat.

Think about it, we were the only side to lose at cash strapped Birmingham in 16 games, struggled and could have lost at home to Rotherham, threw in the towel against Middlesbrough (and many other games). The list goes on.

So here I am, along with countless other loyal Albion fans, tucking into a huge portion of humble pie whilst trying to explain to non-Albion football fans where it's all gone wrong.

Oh the humility and embarrassment of it all.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      whilst trying to explain to non-Albion football fans where it's all gone wrong.
      That's the hardest part for me.

There are a couple of things easily pointed out: departures of key players like Ulloa/PiG and, to a lesser extent given their form/desire, Buckley and Bridcutt. Not to mention Upson, Barnes, Orlandi, Ward. From there you have the lack of quality we brought in to replace them: Baldock/COG/Stockdale.

Add in a manager who thought it best to play a system clearly not suited to us for the first few crucial games of the season leading to some morale dropping defeats.

It was a recipe for disaster and we're definitely tasting that pie now.
      'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
      Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      That at the beginning of August we would be in the relegation zone with just 3 league wins in 20 games.

How can a team, who finished the previous two seasons in the play-offs, implode so badly. Even more galling we were seen by opposition clubs as one of the hardest sides to beat - a benchmark for THEIR performance. Review any away club fans forum and any result achieved against us was seen as a feather in their cap.

The table doesn't lie, as the old cliche goes, I understand that. But really, and forgive my arrogance, there are a number of sides in this division who five months ago you would have put you mortgage on to beat.

Think about it, we were the only side to lose at cash strapped Birmingham in 16 games, struggled and could have lost at home to Rotherham, threw in the towel against Middlesbrough (and many other games). The list goes on.

So here I am, along with countless other loyal Albion fans, tucking into a huge portion of humble pie whilst trying to explain to non-Albion football fans where it's all gone wrong.

The summers transfer activity was a shambles we wasted money on lightweight no hopers

6 Not allowed!
      I'm hoping today is the day Hyypia is going to be sacked. We are wasting valuable points and time with him being here. He isn't going to turn it around. He has failed at two jobs which is all you need to know. Come on Bloom get rid today and make our xmas come early.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      How can a team, who finished the previous two seasons in the play-offs, implode so badly.
      It's not same team. Greer and Bruno are the only two regulars from both those seasons who are still in the team, and they're not getting any younger. Ince played quite a bit last season but is now in and out if the side, Lua Lua was always involved but never a regular starter. Dunk and Calderon were backup players. Is there anyone else left? (Not counting cms as he's out on loan)
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      8:47 am on December 8th and still Hyypia is in charge.

Unbelievable.

And still he clings on.
      Banned

1 Not allowed!
      Semi OUT

BIN THE FINN

3 Not allowed!
      What worries, no, terrifies me, is that I've heard Bloom, Barber and Hyypia repeat the mantra that we are "competitive", that we've "not been outplayed" in many matches, and that "we didn't get what we deserved"... 1 win in 16. It's all very well being all of the above, and we may well do that all season, but the simple fact is that we aren't winning any games.

I've been pro-Hyypia for a long while, but it seems clear now that he doesn't know how to get the best out of his players or even know his best line-up. It's game-over, move on for Hyypia now for me. I can't remember feeling like this about the Albion since Adams Mk II. Loads of loanees, a manager out of his depth, no spirit in the squad, and a gentle slide down the table...
      Eternally hopeful...
      Members

1 Not allowed!

We sold the family silver and replaced it with tin the. We realised the tin was shite and replaced it with temporary tat. All overseen by a management team that thought an unproven manager was a good idea. I hope TB acts this week and gets in a decent football manager pullis would be my number 1 target. Sacks Burke and allows the manager full control over recruitment within the affordable budget. It's not too late to salvage the season but change is now required

4 Not allowed!
      It's a sad state of affairs when I am checking in on NSC just to see if there is any word of a sacking.