Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Image resizing help please

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can anyone give me a very quick and simple way of resizing a photo for upload onto forums such as this please? I need to upload a couple of sale items onto another forum. I don't want to resort to using things like Flickr and instawhateverit'scalled.

I ask the question on here as it would apply to here too for other posters I suspect, and besides, NSC is the font of all wisdom :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Do you use a Mac or PC?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This one is foolproof on Windows

https://imageresizer.codeplex.com

Does batches too, so you can select an entire folder and resize all the images with one click, at whatever resolution you want.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Do you use a Mac or PC?

PC, and the photos open with 'Windows Photo Gallery'.

It's pot luck when I try to put images on here. Most of the time they work on here, but on this other forum I can't get any of them to upload.

I'm surprised forums don't just have tools where they resize the image you're uploading automatically to be honest.

Edit: This is the message I get on the other forum: The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Did you mean resolution, e.g. taking a 1200 * 800 and making it 600 * 400, for example, or just reducing the file size?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Did you mean resolution, e.g. taking a 1200 * 800 and making it 600 * 400, for example, or just reducing the file size?

See edit above.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This one is foolproof on Windows

https://imageresizer.codeplex.com

Does batches too, so you can select an entire folder and resize all the images with one click, at whatever resolution you want.

Thanks. Was hoping not to resort to downloading anything ideally. But might have to as a last resort.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Vista has Paint already loaded. Mostly. You can percentagely change the size until you have got the 250kb.

Dean Deyn

Nov 25, 2008
If using Windows, launch Explorer, right click on the jpg you want to resize, choose "edit" from the dropdown menu, click on "resize". You can then resize either by adjusting the pixels or the dimensions of the photo.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thanks all, with work through those options and report back. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just open image in 'paint'.

You can then reduce the pic size using 'image' from the top of the screen.
Then stretch and skew.

For some reason most of my images are mahoosive so I knock the 100%'s down to 20% and everything is fine.

I'd imagine all those with rudimentary knowledge of computing are now pi$$ing themselves laughing at 'grandad', but it works for me, and I can't learn new stuff.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Vista has Paint already loaded. Mostly. You can percentagely change the size until you have got the 250kb.

Nice one Skipper! :thumbsup:

Thanks, that works a treat. That's my future default mode from now on then. Very simple and easy to remember.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here