Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Pardew Out" "Allardyce Out" "Hyypia Out"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two had achieved something as a manager in a previous job, one has been totally clueless in both jobs he has had.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Two of them have a rough idea on how to get their team to win.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
You are right he Hyypia may just need time, but on balance it's probably because he isn't the right person in charge. Who knows what will happen in the future and how long do you wait to find out?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Been thinking this, will one day we all be bouncing posts and eating humble pie and never doubting Bloom again., but then again I have doubted his tactics since day one.

Personally we were spoilt with the Poyet years and now we are trying to set a style, which right now we might have to ditch and get in some old head and play 442!

Friday I may have a very small glint of hope if we rip Millwall apart, if we don't get anything other than 3 points he MUST go!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The first two were called for by West Ham fans. The third one is being mooted by a far more intelligent and discerning set of fans.

and the first two had half decent squads to play with and did not sell ALL THEIR DECENT PLAYERS

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Two had achieved something as a manager in a previous job, one has been totally clueless in both jobs he has had.

This. So simple. The other two are managers with proven track records. Sami has nothing of the sort.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
and the first two had half decent squads to play with and did not sell ALL THEIR DECENT PLAYERS

That may be true for Allardyce but it's certainly not true for Pardew. Every time he unearths a half-decent player, Ashley looks to sell him. Pardew has done brilliantly to keep Newcastle stable when half the team has been flogged from under him.

But the answer to the OP's question is, as others have pointed out, the vast experience of both of them. Hyypia may be a decent manager in time but have we the patience to find out?

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Been thinking this, will one day we all be bouncing posts and eating humble pie and never doubting Bloom again., but then again I have doubted his tactics since day one.

Personally we were spoilt with the Poyet years and now we are trying to set a style, which right now we might have to ditch and get in some old head and play 442!

Friday I may have a very small glint of hope if we rip Millwall apart, if we don't get anything other than 3 points he MUST go!

So if we do win on Friday you will be happy for Hyppia to stay?

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
The Newcastle fans hate their Chairman because he is southern and, thus, not one of them. The anti-Pardew feeling is an extension of that. Unless you are Kevin Keegan it is hard to please them.
With Allardyce, it is similar but West Ham fans expect nice, passing football and academy players in the team. Allardyce is much more likely to play a more direct style.

What I am saying is that the fans of Newcastle/West Ham hated them before they started.

With Brighton it is different. We were happy to have Hypia and willing to support him. It is results that have changed that (and also that our players seem to run into each other following his tactics).

Feb 14, 2010
I also would add that even though he walked out on the Albion, Brian Clough was not exactly a roaring success at the Albion. I understand the anti Hypia feeling but as he didnt buy the players then I have some sympathy with him.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I also would add that even though he walked out on the Albion, Brian Clough was not exactly a roaring success at the Albion. I understand the anti Hypia feeling but as he didnt buy the players then I have some sympathy with him.
He knew what he was getting into so why do you have any sympathy towards Hypia?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here