Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

American Express shirt sponsors of League one club?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
When Global company American Express decided to put their brand name on the stadium & Shirts I'm sure they thought their name would soon be flashed up on tv screens around the world while we were Prem bound, wonder how they'd feel with the company name on a shirt playing away at Scunthorpe in front of 5,000 people in League One

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
they certainly won't renew their deal with the club, i don't know if they can just pull out...

I think the bit where you wrote "I don't know" covers everything else you've typed.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd guess that they would continue to sponsor it, but there may be an increased/reduced rate depending on the league we are in?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
When Global company American Express decided to put their brand name on the stadium & Shirts I'm sure they thought their name would soon be flashed up on tv screens around the world while we were Prem bound, wonder how they'd feel with the company name on a shirt playing away at Scunthorpe in front of 5,000 people in League One

EMEA decision not Global

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

....on a wet, cold Tuesday night in January.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
EMEA decision not Global

It may well be, but the EMEA people won't want to look daft to their across the water bosses who still approve their budgets. The commercials would have been worked based on likelhood and volume of TV coverage, having been sold the PLR stuff (eggs on faces now?). Without TV the deal's worth zip to them, they certainly aren't doing it for any affinity to the town, despite what might be released to the media.

Has anyone been watching the snippets of Barnsley v Chester that the BBC have been showing this afternoon? If so, you might have noticed that the world's biggest credit card company are the shirt sponsors of non-league Chester.

Affinity with the city of Chester seems to be the motive behind this sponsorship, rather than the prospect of worldwide TV coverage.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here