Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT. Cooking fish.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have some frozen white pollock fillets, can you cook them, let them cool, put in with rice and eat it cold later or will this be disgusting/make me dead?

Thank you.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I have some frozen white pollock fillets, can you cook them, let them cool, put in with rice and eat it cold later or will this be disgusting/make me dead?

Thank you.

Won't be brilliant. You're better off letting them defrost and then cooking them with a sauce and adding to rice. Pollock is fairly bland, so best matched with a sauce - certainly not a good fish to eat cold.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would put them in tin foil in the oven with butter lemon and pepper and have them with crusty bread and butter but then I am not a rice man.

Or make a parsley sauce with mashed potato and peas in my case mushy.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Both very good suggestions, okay, cold is out then. Bought them cheap as you like a month ago but need to defrost freezer today so want to eat it up.
Thanks people. I'll try a couple of ways, there's a lot of it!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Thank you.

Never mind the pollocks, here's the six post eels:

European-eels-on-eel-trap.jpg

And yes, yes I will be disappointed with that effort :down:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I cod not have done better.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Fresh I would tear it as disappointing cod (disappointing cod is often Pollock).
Frozen I would fry some onions until caramelising add fresh chilli garlic ginger and some turmeric and cumin, then throw in tinned tomatoes and reduce then dice up the fish and simmer until cooked for a tasty fish curry.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Thank you.

Did you buy it in Iceland? either fish cakes of a fish curry, that stuff is not fit for anything else other than catfood.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would have defrosted them then poached them lightly and let them cool then make up fish cakes. Alaskan Pollock is a bit bland though.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Cut into fingers and double coated in egg and bread crumbs.

Firstly season with a little salt and WHITE pepper.

Deep fried in rapeseed oil then sprinkled with sea salt, finely chopped ENGLISH parsley and the zest of a lemon.

It's the ONLY way to cook meaty white fish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here