Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We have THE BEST....

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Eastbourne
We have the best training ground and one of the best stadiums, 2 years ago we had one of the best squads but the ivestment in the team and coaching set up recently has not been equall to that of the infrastructure hence our current position which has been in decline after the Palace defeat.

There is NO way Hyypia was first choice to be manager, with his track record I can't see how?

This club has set high expectations over the last few seasons and any top manager comming in would be expected to acheive at least that or better in a limited playing budget and restricted control with the involvement of Burke hence why only an inexperioenced Hyypia took the job desperate to prove himself ( epic fail so far )

Also another question othe0r than the finance side of things why is Barber involved with player recruitment? what expert knowledge does he have to be involved in this? just another reason why any quality manafer would not want a job at the Albion.

Poyet was right we hit the celling with what we could afford and in the struggle to meet FFP this is where we are at, the golden opportunity to get promoted was missed, several player put themselves in the shop window and have moved on the better things and we are left counting teh cost of our continued faliures.

We must stop looking at Hereford as the barometer of out success and acheivement as with the Amex came new expecations for looking forward. It,s important to have a solvent club but the competion is getting away from us.

Palace and Southampton 2 clubs in administartion a few years ago now in the P/L cheating has it's merits.... Bournemouth and Brentford rising the wave of their sucess on more limited and attendances than us.

With the addition of all the new fans in recent years the Amex is a soft touch to visit, we are to forgiving of poor performances and poor managemnet at every level of the club, Hyypia needs to go followed by Jones and Burke and the club should be honest with what we are likley to acheive on our limited rescources. By that I mean stop talikng about P/L ready, build the best squad we can with what we have and see what happens like Burnley. There are no certainties in football but one thing is gfor sure we are heading down unless something drastice happens soon.

Their is no evidence that current form or setup has what it takes to turn around what has been a decline from day one of the season.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I'm not sure that Barber has anything to do with recruitment.

Jan 2, 2014
:rant:spot on son it winds me up seeing tin pot teams above us.should of gambled with ffp it now allows you to be more in debt up to 50 mil i believe.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree re the big culprits; these are Sami, Burke, Jones... in that order. Barber is only involved in recruitment on the money side I presume.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
On the subject of Hyypia being first choice or not. I doesn't matter if he was 10th choice. The biggest worry is why choices 1-9 didn't want it??? Great stadium, great training ground, 23,000 season ticket sales....So why didn't they want it??? Simple, a top manager will not be dictated to, they live and die by there decisions. They do want someone else's asst and a dof, signing players. Hyypia isn't good enough, we can all see that but unless the structure changes, don't expect to see anything other than another yes man come in. Which long term will solve nothing and may not even keep us up.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
He did all the new manager interviews!

You're quite right about that but it was player recruitment that was mentioned originally and to which I was referring to. I probably should of worded it better rather than assuming everyone would automatically know what I meant.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here