Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you think is the 'par' league position for our squad?

What do you think is the 'par' league position for our squad?

• 1-2 (Promotion spots)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 3-6 (Play-off spots)

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 7-12 (Top half with play-off aspirations)

Votes: 90 46.2%
  • 13-16 (Lower mid-table, no real relegation concerns)

Votes: 81 41.5%
  • 17-21 (Eyeing the relegation spots nervously)

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • 22-24 (Relegation zone)

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If Hyypia is under performing, as most seem to believe, it suggests that our league position should be higher than it is.

What position do you think this squad should be sitting in right now?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Anything from 10th upwards, the players are really not that bad

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Almost impossible to say, really. If the consensus is that SH has little or no tactical nous and little or no motivational ability, then we are unlikely to have seen the best of any of the recent aquisitions and some of the few remaining longer serving players are likely to be under-performing.

As there is no "don't know" option I have gone with 7-12 as I think the tactical astuteness and motivational ability of our past two managers would have been able to get that from more or less any squad of "Championship" players.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Bottom 3rd with the current squad. Look at where the goals were supposed to come from.......??Look at the midfield and try to find some leaders/creativity....look at the amount of defensive minded midfielders we have....look at the quality we have parted company with......I could go on, but what's the point. Most people can see this.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Voted lower-mid table. This is the worst it should be IMHO. Sami is ****ING clueless.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Right now I'd be happy if we finished 21st. If we get rid of the Finn now I think we have a chance of mid table.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
13-16th as a conservative estimate, also taking into account the amount of short term loanees which we won't have for the entire season.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
....look at the amount of defensive minded midfielders we have....

That's what made it more unbelievable that we started with 3 on the bench and none in the team on Saturday, the more I see of Hyypia the more I can see he's out of his depth. To me our current squad should be good enough to be around 10th with the right manager in place.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Crap strikers - anywhere between 14th-18th

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I take salaries as a guide. We had the 8th or 9th highest wage bills in the division in the past two seasons, so we over-achieved under Gus and Oscar. My guess is that we're still around there - perhaps 9th or 10th - so that's where we should be

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think this is a poor division Derby apart. As bad as we are nobody has impressed me.

With the players at our disposal I would go for 5th-9th.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This group of players are capable of above halfway.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Misfits

12th

Better are Derby, Norwich, Forest, Watford, Middlesbro, Blackburn, Wigan, Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich

Par are Bournemouth, Fulham, Rotherham and all the rest except Blackpool.

I think we have a bunch of misfits, individually quite good, but how Poyet and Oscar got them playing as a unit amazed me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here