Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk As Captain

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I am a little bit worried about having Lewis Dunk as our captain. I know is is only a temporary measure while GG is injured, but every game is vitally important given our league position and I think we need someone with a bit more experience leading the team.

I am not sure how the likes of Bruno and Hughes take to being captained by a colleague who is 10 years their junior and with only a fraction of the experience that they have.

A club battling against relegation needs an experienced leader and at the moment we have a rookie manager and a 23 year old as captain.

I would have Bruno or Calderon as captain and replace SH as manager. This is not me having a go at Dunk, just saying that he is not the right man for the job, at the moment.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Part of the package to try and keep him in January. Or if he does want to go adds some value

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
At least the captain is supposed to be the last one to leave a sinking ship.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
The way he stood about doing nothing during the bickering over freekicks a couple of games ago when GG was out was useless for someone who's meant to be captain.

Captaincy seems to be a lost art though in general in modern football.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Sami said Lewis Dunk wasn't a vocal captain, but he leads by example. I'm sure we can all agree that when our players' heads drop, and we lose our shape, what everyone needs is a captain who doesn't direct, shout, organise or encourage, but a man who just plays well.

This becomes even more true when the manager sits silently on the bench with his head down.

Great. F*cking. Choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here