Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is occurring?

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
18 months ago we had a manager leading us to the premier,so close we could almost taste it.The best stadium,super support.How has it come to this?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
18 months ago we had a manager leading us to the premier,so close we could almost taste it.The best stadium,super support.How has it come to this?

We didn't build on what we had, marched up to the top, and marched back down again. My Albion calender my OH bought for me last year is a great illustration. 2 players on each month, only once when I turned over the month did we still have those 2 players, such a massive turnover in players, as well as a new manager each summer, appointed late, so can't much influence transfer policy, has led us to where we are. Feel sorry for Tony Bloom, has spent a fortune for us, but has seen that all undermined, his executive team have a lot to answer for in many areas

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We didn't build on what we had, marched up to the top, and marched back down again. My Albion calender my OH bought for me last year is a great illustration. 2 players on each month, only once when I turned over the month did we still have those 2 players, such a massive turnover in players, as well as a new manager each summer, appointed late, so can't much influence transfer policy, has led us to where we are. Feel sorry for Tony Bloom, has spent a fortune for us, but has seen that all undermined, his executive team have a lot to answer for in many areas

His exec team or TB? One minute TB is involved in most things according to those on here, the next minute he is being let down by his exec team. Sort it out!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
His exec team or TB? One minute TB is involved in most things according to those on here, the next minute he is being let down by his exec team. Sort it out!

Interesting debate. Does TB alone decide the manager or does the board ? Who is then responsible if the manager appointed then turns out to be pretty useless at the job. Maybe the interview committee ? IF TB favours someone, do they all fall into line, or do people feel able to speak up with their opinions ? I'm not saying that their was any argument over Hyppia's appointment, only I own my own small business, and interview and appoint myself, the buck stops with me, does TB's opinion count more in this decision making than others because of his investment, and then does it follow that he feels he has more invested in his selection so will back him more, rather than being a bit objective ?

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Interesting debate. Does TB alone decide the manager or does the board ? Who is then responsible if the manager appointed then turns out to be pretty useless at the job. Maybe the interview committee ? IF TB favours someone, do they all fall into line, or do people feel able to speak up with their opinions ? I'm not saying that their was any argument over Hyppia's appointment, only I own my own small business, and interview and appoint myself, the buck stops with me, does TB's opinion count more in this decision making than others because of his investment, and then does it follow that he feels he has more invested in his selection so will back him more, rather than being a bit objective ?

With the amount of dosh TB has invested all decisions must finally rest with him.My worry is what those close are whispering in his ears.Our table position alone should dictate Tony's position.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Still maintain Gus was our best manager we have had in my time watching Albion,i personally have no hard feelings for Gus.....a legend for me personally..

If only Gus had of been given just a few million extra..

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Still maintain Gus was our best manager we have had in my time watching Albion,i personally have no hard feelings for Gus.....a legend for me personally..

Exactly how i feel. I absolutely loved our era under Poyet and those wonderful times don't come round often believe me. Bit like Zamora.

Yes i know he left under a dark cloud but i look back at his whole reign with us with fond memories. No matter what the cynics say about him i'm not interested in there view. Gus had character,he had charm and he was the best manager i've seen at BHA.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Barber occurred. The sooner he disappears to take his corporate claptrap and ridiculous prices to another unlucky club the better. He is bad luck. Came with an agenda to get Poyet out and the rest is history.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013

Last season and season before we had players that were hunted by prem clubs. This season we have zero ( maybe Dunk at a push). The quality has gone in player terms and managerial terms.SIMPLES!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Barber occurred. The sooner he disappears to take his corporate claptrap and ridiculous prices to another unlucky club the better. He is bad luck. Came with an agenda to get Poyet out and the rest is history.

Nonsense. In my view, the club is now being run as it should be everywhere except on the pitch, and responsibility for that area lies with others ... who should go. (Before PB arrived we were haemorrhaging money at the Amex.)

However, if you want and need to blame PB for everything and it makes you feel better, carry on.

agree with most of above the fact is this FFP has been a burden on the club but everything has been done on the cheap and you get what you pay for ultimately and its showing now!! A manager who is prepared to work restricted whereas Poyet and probably Garcia to realised that success wont happen with no investment in the team,or more to the point being given players to work with instead of the players they want!!.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
With the amount of dosh TB has invested all decisions must finally rest with him.My worry is what those close are whispering in his ears.Our table position alone should dictate Tony's position.

unfortunately i think Bloom expected Barber and Burke to sort it all out......the jury could still be out on Barber , he has probably done well on the financial side of things....Burke has failed recruitment wise..........cant help thinking that these two might be taking the piss out of Bloom.....he deserves massive plaudits for what he has done for the club but i think he needs to spend more time closer to home to CONTROL, AS A FAN.. what is going on....!the other two clowns aren't Albion fans so probably just a job to them ....i.e don't give a shit like most of the stewards/crowd control , whatever you want to call them..........if Bloom is away for 4 months of the year who is the backbone of the club..??

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Of course TB decides who is the manager, he owns about 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% of the club. Exactly how are the other board members going to force on him a manager he doesn't agree with?

If we had carried on as we were before Barber then our playing budget would have been considerably less for the last few years and even more people would be bleating about the fact that the only players we can afford to sign are probably from the conference! Poyet might have moaned about the reaching the ceiling but the way we were going we would have been talking about the floor.

We know everything isn't rosey but organisation of the team is down to the manager and the coaching staff. The sum of the whole seems considerably less than the sum of the parts in respect of the team. We might not have a squad capable of challenging for the play-offs this year but it should certainly be better than the position we find ourselves in now.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Exactly how i feel. I absolutely loved our era under Poyet and those wonderful times don't come round often believe me. Bit like Zamora.

Yes i know he left under a dark cloud but i look back at his whole reign with us with fond memories. No matter what the cynics say about him i'm not interested in there view. Gus had character,he had charm and he was the best manager i've seen at BHA.

This, all of it.
& I'm far from young

The problem is quite clearly Barber,he's our very own Peter Risdale,everything he touches turns to rat shit.unfortunately Bloom believes in Him.A football man like Gordon Smith would have advised Bloom that Hyypia is not upto the job.
The sooner Barber and Burke leave the club the we can move forward again.Bloom,with these two jokers advising him is sleepwalking into league one.
Will always,always be grateful for what Bloom has done for the club,it's his money but it's still OUR club and it hurts when you watch it being dismantled.
But on a more cheery note,there's 20% off all shirt cushions today.
WAAAAHHHAAAAY.

el punal

Agree with your first point - not your second. Gus was, is, a charismatic bloke and he knows it. The problem was his ego. If he hadn't thrown his toys out of the pram at the most critical moment, we might, just might have been playing with the big boys now.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Shi(r)t cushions aren't the issue. Where are the white shorts in the team shop? That's now two away games where no one predicted that two sets of black 'away' shorts might not prevent a colour clash and we've worn white shorts with the black/red shirt.

White shorts in, cushions out!

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wear white shorts in a month of Sunday's but I fully expect some detailed comment from the club when this issue is raised, and a continuing pattern of responding to low-level questions without giving any assurance that the over-arching, strategic, secure financial future issues are being robustly managed.

Keep cushions at the same price. Get the shorts in and then drop them.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
The problem is quite clearly Barber,he's our very own Peter Risdale,everything he touches turns to rat shit.unfortunately Bloom believes in Him.A football man like Gordon Smith would have advised Bloom that Hyypia is not upto the job.
The sooner Barber and Burke leave the club the we can move forward again.Bloom,with these two jokers advising him is sleepwalking into league one.
Will always,always be grateful for what Bloom has done for the club,it's his money but it's still OUR club and it hurts when you watch it being dismantled.
But on a more cheery note,there's 20% off all shirt cushions today.
WAAAAHHHAAAAY.

I agree 100% that Hyypia is not up to the job. I agree with nothing else in your post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here