Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HYYPIA CALLS FOR UNITY

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Sami Hyypia has called for unity after today’s 3-0 defeat to league leaders Derby County at the iPro Stadium.
Albion remain in the bottom three of the Sky Bet Championship following the loss to the Rams, but Hyypia has urged all of his players to show their fighting spirit to get out of trouble.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s not a nice situation to be in but every single one of us needs to dig deep to get out of it.
“It’s not enough if only half of us are working hard, we need everyone to take part, work hard and then we have a chance to move up the table.”
The Seagulls were beaten after three goals in the opening 20 minutes of the match and the Finn admitted that his side made some poor decisions on the ball.
“It was a very sloppy start and if you concede three goals as quickly as we did today then it’s a big mountain to climb.
“I’ve been in situations when we’ve been 3-0 down and come back, but I think Derby are a very good team and it would’ve been very hard to come back, but the chances are there.
“It’s very difficult to stay positive after conceding three goals, but that’s the only thing you can do.
“We tried to play our normal game, hoped to score a goal and then try to get another one to get back into the game.
“I don’t know if we showed too much respect to Derby, but our decision-making wasn’t correct."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Albion manager then revealed that striker Sam Baldock missed the match due to injury.
“Sam had a thigh problem. He got a dead leg in one of the recent games and aggravated it last weekend, so he couldn’t train at all this week.
“On Thursday he tried to train individually, but the pain came back on Friday and that’s why he didn’t play.”
The Finn then praised the 607 Albion fans that made the trip to the East Midlands and encouraged them to continue their tremendous support.
“It’s a long way for them to travel and the fans have been very good to us. They are behind the team all the time and that’s the way to go.
“I would like to thank all the fans that came here and I hope that they continue to stay behind the team in the future as well.”
[h=3]ALBION V MILLWALL
[/h]FRIDAY 12TH November, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]friday 26th december, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v BRENTFORD
[/h]SATURDAY 17TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here