Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby player ratings

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stockdale 4: Not at fault for goals but distribution poor and let a regulation shot squirm through his legs that luckily diverted and hit the post.
Joe Bennett 3: Lack of pace means he gets beaten by wingers with ease.
Dunk 5: Regulation yellow card, and a few frantic clearances, Chris Martin showed his limitations.
Hughes 4: okay but he's no Upson
Bruno 5: Only one who looked committed, outjumped for third goal, sometimes popped up on the left wing.

JFC 3: Huffed and puffed, couple of terrible 30 yard square balls that went straight to Derby players and nearly resulted in further goals.
March 4: One good dribble, needs to get match fit.
Texiera 2: Withdrawn after 25 minutes for being lightweight and anonymous.
Gardner 1: Did less in 90 minutes than Texiera in 25.
E. Bennett 3: Sad to see a former favourite so lacking in confidence. Slow, indecisive and with the first touch of CMS.

Bent 5: Made good runs but no one had vision or ability to support or supply him.

Subs

Ince 6: Steadied the ship that had sunk.
Paddy 3: Even the Godfather of Flair caught the crapness bug.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Stockdale 4: Not at fault for goals but distribution poor and let a regulation shot squirm through his legs that luckily diverted and hit the post.
Dunk 5: Regulation yellow card, and a few frantic clearances, Chris Martin showed his limitations.
Bruno 5: Only one who looked committed, outjumped for third goal, sometimes popped up on the left wing.

JFC 3: Huffed and puffed, couple of terrible 30 yard square balls that went straight to Derby players and nearly resulted in further goals.
E. Bennett 3: Sad to see a former favourite so lacking in confidence. Slow, indecisive and with the first touch of CMS.

Bent 5: Made good runs but no one had vision or ability to support or supply him.

Subs

Not at our best, then?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Subs

Was only watching via a stream but wouldn't disagree with any of those scores.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Tex being subbed after less than 30 mins is highly embarrassing. Please tell me it was an injury......

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Tex being subbed after less than 30 mins is highly embarrassing. Please tell me it was an injury......

Think that's the first time Hyypia has shown any flexibility since he's been here!

On the negative side, his research regarding Derby was obviously poor leading to poor team selection in the first place.

Tex is too light anyway.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I think it was tactical as we were overrun in midfield.

I'm not Brian cough or bob paisley but even I could have predicted that you would have needed to bolster the middle of the park especially today away at the free scoring leaders. Leaving ince out from the start was a catastrophic schoolboy error.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
My stream kept freezing a good and a bad thing for sure! Agree with the above - As for the management: 2. Got it totally wrong, then changed it to the team that should have started. It would have ended badly (I fear) however we set up - not good enough, no belief, fragile, and tactically naïve in the extreme.

Kosh

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Subs

Yeah I'd go along with those scores. I don't think anyone except Ince came out of that game with any credit. Derby are obviously a good team, but we made it so easy for them today.

Disappointing.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I would have gone there with Ince and Holla as DM and try for a draw.
I would have stuck a marker on Martin, a player who everything goes through in that Derby team.

Makes you wonder what the scouts are looking at when they assess the opposition.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Was holla even named as a sub today? If not why?

I surmise he and the big H have had a difference of opinion. A Holla knows best and Sami hasn't got a clue kind of happening. Either that or the two dutch boys have indulged in a night or two of sweet leaf delight. Oh yeah baby.

Kosh

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The only player on the pitch that deserved any kind of positive rating imo was Ince 7 the rest need to have a bloody good hard look at themselves in the mirror .. Awful unteamlike display best forgotten .

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

Subs

Just got back, and agree with this fair and accurate assessment.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

No, it wasn't. It was a tactical mistake by Sami Hyypia. Just because a lightweight attack gave us a sort of dominance against Fulham (three missed chances and a goal), he must have thought it would work with Tex in place of Lualua. None of the supporters did. He seemed to have ignored the opposition. A manager/coach has to be a bit of a chess player (predicting the opposition moves).

I am coming around to the conclusion that Sami Hyypia is not experienced enough! He will have to learn what Gus Poyet learned as Assistant Manager in a few weeks now. It was though he didn't know how Derby would play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here