Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Sammy Baldock

Jun 26, 2014
Hi guys, seen you haven't been doing the best of late which is unfortunate, but just wanted to get your opinion on Sam Baldock, as to whether he is just a passenger and part of your downfall, or if he is one of the shining lights in your team?

I really hope the move works out for him if it isn't already, and I hope Brighton form a re-surge back up the Championship table to where you should be, as the size of your club and your fanbase does not represent where you currently stand.

And by the way, if you don't like him, we're more than happy to have him back, much better player than Agard, although I am a fan of Agard!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I think judgement should be put on hold for most of our players at the moment, until we get the right management in.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Darren Bent's arrival indicates that he's just wrong for this club. We play a 4-3-3 system, with a striker at the apex of the front three. It seems that Baldock was assigned for that role. Which is just a clueless decision. He's not even cut out for playing in a wider role in that front three.
I think his movement is good, as is his work-rate, and he shoots early. But it's just a very bad fit at the moment. I gather his best form with you came when he was playing alongside a big man in a front two. I can see how that works. I can't see how it will work with us.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Hi guys, seen you haven't been doing the best of late which is unfortunate, but just wanted to get your opinion on Sam Baldock, as to whether he is just a passenger and part of your downfall, or if he is one of the shining lights in your team?

I really hope the move works out for him if it isn't already, and I hope Brighton form a re-surge back up the Championship table to where you should be, as the size of your club and your fanbase does not represent where you currently stand.

And by the way, if you don't like him, we're more than happy to have him back, much better player than Agard, although I am a fan of Agard!

:hilton::moo:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He's struggled but it's hard to judge him as our dynamic midfield have barely created a chance for him. He should score goals galore for us next season when we are in league one.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Injured thigh! Or is that code for Xmas shopping in overpaid footballers lingo! Injuries seem to be more prevalent when you are struggling!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Injured, has a thigh problem, and didn't train for most of the week, and when he did it didn't last long.

Injured thigh! Or is that code for Xmas shopping in overpaid footballers lingo! Injuries seem to be more prevalent when you are struggling!

If winning you would tend to grin and bare it and push yourself more not wanting to lose your place. Not the same impetus when on a losing streak.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
So far it hasn't worked out for Sam. Firstly he has arrived at a time when we aren't playing very well. He is no longer the first choice striker - and now injured anyway.

Did score a decent goal at Bournemouth but has often been isolated up front and not received the best service. Unfortunately he has shown a lack of striking instincts too. If Sam (or CMS) had been banging in the goals then we wouldn't have brought in Darren Bent.

Maybe a new manager will help Sam find his mojo

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Was underwhelmed when we signed him, however his movement isn't bad, just hasn't had many chances.

Probably, like CMS, league 1 is his comfortable level.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
A new manager will be the making of him and many other players...

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
Darren Bent's arrival indicates that he's just wrong for this club. We play a 4-3-3 system, with a striker at the apex of the front three. It seems that Baldock was assigned for that role. Which is just a clueless decision. He's not even cut out for playing in a wider role in that front three.
I think his movement is good, as is his work-rate, and he shoots early. But it's just a very bad fit at the moment. I gather his best form with you came when he was playing alongside a big man in a front two. I can see how that works. I can't see how it will work with us.
Same could be said for CMS

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lightweight League One player.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
square peg round hole seems appropriate

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions