Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how much would relegation cost the club........

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
Have no fear we are going to change Grounds with Bournemouth. Problem solved. They for prem. Us in 1st.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Don't forget to add back in the £74.19 sales revenue from the Christmas jumpers.

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
I think the away end would sell out every week if we got relegated as its a new ground for most of them and lower league fans are more hardcore. We won't go down anyway.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I think the away end would sell out every week if we got relegated as its a new ground for most of them and lower league fans are more hardcore. We won't go down anyway.

It is a big end Foz, can you see Colchester, Walsall , Barnsley etc all filling the away end.
Fulham were given 3000 last week and if we were to go down then the allocation for away fans would increase.
Plus, what would Barber charge ?
They are used to paying £20 a game in league 1,that is a big drop in what we charge now.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I doubt the club could afford to maintain category 1 academy status, which would be a blow so soon after opening the new training ground.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
£5m. Maybe more.

Most commercial deals the club would have would reduce as a result of relegation. Solidarity payments from the PL reduce massively between the Championship and Football League too.

Gate receipts may be relatively stable, as...

1. Season ticket holders have to make the renew/don't renew decision quite early on, almost certainly before the club's fate is known.
2. Although far from guaranteed, obviously, the club would expect to be pushing for an immediate promotion and a winning team gets bums on seats.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
About the same amount we have wasted on mediocre players and staff! ****ing shambles! Cannot believe someone supposedly astute(Bloom) is allowing this shit to happen!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Not so much tv revenues as well as less season ticket sales, advertising income etc etc it would run into millions I imagine!! It doesnt bear thinking about but a realistic possibility though:(

I will get to Dicks at 1pm instead of 12.30 pm so £8.40:drink:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Putting it in 'Barber Terms', it's a great thing to build a customer base.

It's an absolute crime to lose one.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If wages are such an issue in the Championship... perhaps playing in League One, maybe we can break even?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not as much as sacking Hyypia and funding a replacement it would seem, otherwise we'd have sacked him wouldn't we? There is no way he is going to keep us up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here