Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Clough story

Feb 14, 2010
I was in a black cab this week, talking about football, the Albion and Millwall as the cabbie was a Millwall fan. Anyway he used to stand on the corner between the half way line and the open terrace behind the goal at the old den. He told me a story about Brian Clough. When he was playing Millwall (dont know who with) he stopped the team coach about 15 minute walk to the ground and made the players walk the rest of the way, taking the jibes of the Millwall fans.. Quality management.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That was a common BC move I remember Peter Ward telling me of an occasion that they were returning from a midweek game in Birmingham having lost ,and Peters wife always picked him up at the service station but Cloughie told the driver to drive past the service station then pull over on the hard shoulder for Peter to run back to meet his wife. Peter complained saying it is raining hard boss and Cloughie replied "You will have to run for the first time tonight then" and kicked him off the coach.

Feb 14, 2010
That was a common BC move I remember Peter Ward telling me of an occasion that they were returning from a midweek game in Birmingham having lost ,and Peters wife always picked him up at the service station but Cloughie told the driver to drive past the service station then pull over on the hard shoulder for Peter to run back to meet his wife. Peter complained saying it is raining hard boss and Cloughie replied "You will have to run for the first time tonight then" and kicked him off the coach.

Quality :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here