Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there anyone (Brighton fan) on this board who thinks Hyppia should stay?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I'm normally one of the last people to call for the managers head, but the results speak for themselves. Hyppia's result before us were poor, making the decision to employee him odd.

Everyone I speak to wants him out, but is there anyone out there currently thinking we should give him more time?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Of which some will be posting as a mistake or not Brighton fans. Bloom must realise this, surely?

13 Palace fans and one conspiracy theorist. I asked exactly the same question on twitter and to date no one has answered they are in favour of keeping him.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
We do still have over 20 games to go. We have got to get behind the team and support them for the rest of the season who ever is in charge.
But we are on a terrible downward spiral.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't even get close to justifying the midfield selected for today.

So for that reason, regrettably, I'm out.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
We do still have over 20 games to go. We have got to get behind the team and support them for the rest of the season who ever is in charge.

20 defeats if we stick with Hyypia. He's lost the players. He's lost the fans. We seem to be playing 4-2-4 and yet scored 1 goal in the last two games. And frankly f*** getting behind the team when they couldn't give a toss about us or this club. Maybe Dunk, Calde and March excepted the rest are on loan or couldn't give a toss.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Nope but Bloom/Burke must take responsibility for the poor summer recruitment and not reinvesting transfer fees, too many loan players after the horse had bolted.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
This has been an unmitigated disaster since our play off 2nd league game.

It's a perfect storm of awful recruitment & an awful managerial appointment, underpinned by a lack of ambition & stability within the footballing side of the club.

I really hope Bloom had a long chat with the Derby chairman, as our clubs are poles apart. We look clueless as a club.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

8t does not matter if we get behind the the team its the performance and tactics that will get us out of this mess.
Nothing that I have seen this season looks like we will, and the buck stops with the manager and coach.
How the hell Mr Bloom has allowed this to go on for so long is unforgivable, both should have gone weeks ago. Tony Bloom Paul Barber and Burke must take some of the blame as well, we were slow to replace Garcia. The transfer dealings at the start of the season we a joke. Cheap league one replacements after selling our biggest talent in Ulloa after all we were told we did not near to sell, if that was the case why not spend the 8 million adding quality in every position on the pitch instead of getting all the loans in?

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
I would make a decision after the Reading game on Boxing Day, if still in bottom 3 then he would get his P45.

Now is already too late. We didn't expect a result today, so should have got rid last week at the latest to get someone in for the more crucial Millwall game.

Hyypia not doing a thing whilst Colunga strolled off the pitch, wasting valuable time. Then saying we should score in the 89th minute to keep a lead, is evidence enough he has no passion, his heart isn't in it and he doesn't acknowledge the disastrous situation he's put our club in.

I've never wanted a manager to go so much. I've also never been so angry about where the club is going. Mismanagement of the highest order throughout the club.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
There's no 'It doesn't matter' choice in the polls.

People are calling for the manager's head because it's easier and more convenient than calling for a dozen players' heads, that's all.

Parties and PM's dance this dance all the time.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
8t does not matter if we get behind the the team its the performance and tactics that will get us out of this mess.
Nothing that I have seen this season looks like we will, and the buck stops with the manager and coach.
How the hell Mr Bloom has allowed this to go on for so long is unforgivable, both should have gone weeks ago. Tony Bloom Paul Barber and Burke must take some of the blame as well, we were slow to replace Garcia. The transfer dealings at the start of the season we a joke. Cheap league one replacements after selling our biggest talent in Ulloa after all we were told we did not near to sell, if that was the case why not spend the 8 million adding quality in every position on the pitch instead of getting all the loans in?

I'm only saying to get behind the team as to give them the support obviously that won't change everything but at
At least they know the fans are still behind them. I do agree with what you say regarding loans etc.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't like changing managers, and think too many chairmen are trigger happy.
After last week's defeat against Fulham, Bloom will give him until the end of December, and he's got to win at least two -- maybe three -- of the five games. I now think that if he makes it as far as the Millwall game and doesn't win, he'll be gone.
In other words, I moved to the fence with a short-term challenge after Fulham. Two things from today really turned it:
-- that midfield selection. Against Derby. Away.
-- implying in his post-match interview that half the players weren't up for it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
There's no 'It doesn't matter' choice in the polls.

People are calling for the manager's head because it's easier and more convenient than calling for a dozen players' heads, that's all.

Parties and PM's dance this dance all the time.

I'm not. Burke should go for regressing the squad from winning entertainers to dullard losers. Hyypia should go for not knowing the difference between a holding midfielder and a radioactive avacado and Barber should go for overseeing the whole shebang, smugly.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
20 defeats if we stick with Hyypia. He's lost the players. He's lost the fans. We seem to be playing 4-2-4 and yet scored 1 goal in the last two games. And frankly f*** getting behind the team when they couldn't give a toss about us or this club. Maybe Dunk, Calde and March excepted the rest are on loan or couldn't give a toss.

I don't blame Hyypia for this. The combination of young lads through the DS and loan players exposes Bloom ultimately, and Burke too. With that combination, they're just not up for the fight, and it also exposes -- and maybe even scars -- the young contingent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here