Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Agustien and Toko

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
JFC, Gardner and Ince has to be the weakest centre midfield in the league. Surely it's time to give Agustien and Toko a go. We actually don't have a bad record when Agustien has featured.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
JFC, Gardner and Ince has to be the weakest centre midfield in the league. Surely it's time to give Agustien and Toko a go. We actually don't have a bad record when Agustien has featured.

Good call or Holla and Ince. Basically anyone other than JFC and Gardner.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Agustien has been totally gash apart from about 7 minutes v Leeds. The few reports of Toko from those watching DS have not been positive.

I agree we need changes but picking those two might be clutching at straws?

Use Holla, Tex, Ince and maybe JFC higher up imo

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Just left the game, Ince played well. He showed passion and seemed to be in midfield on his own. Derby were all over us, can't remember JFC or Gardner getting involved. Woeful performance. Martin had Hughes in his pocket.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just left the game, Ince played well. He showed passion and seemed to be in midfield on his own. Derby were all over us, can't remember JFC or Gardner getting involved. Woeful performance. Martin had Hughes in his pocket.

Exactly how it looked on the stream.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Once again it would appear no matter who plays up front, they'll not get the ball from the midfield enough to effect the game.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
i watched toko the other day for the u21's Vs arsenal and he was not the best. I was excited to see how good he was but he was rather disappointing. that could be down to the players he was playing with

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Toko is a mystery, he cant be that bad given 140+ games including a few in Europa/Champions league qualifiers. makes no sence at all why he isnt starting when we arent getting results with the midfield being put out.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thinking a bit more about this, but were Gary Dicker and Matt Sparrow any worse than JFC and Gardner?

I seriously don't recall either of them losing possession quite so cheaply..... Maybe rose tinted specs etc.....

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014

Ince played to well so expect him to be dropped on Friday.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I remember the days when Vicente tore derby to shreds.............those were the days.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Thinking a bit more about this, but were Gary Dicker and Matt Sparrow any worse than JFC and Gardner?

I seriously don't recall either of them losing possession quite so cheaply..... Maybe rose tinted specs etc.....

Abosultiely - they werent, Sparrow could score a few goals, but could never get a game under Poyet, and Gary Dicker used to get pilloried on here (much like Bruno and Spanish Dave) for making a couple of misplaced passes, or occasionaly getiing caught in possession. At least they tried to be creative, instead of always taking the easy option. Dicker could also get stuck in a bit when required - I think under slade he was played as defensive midfielder.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think Gardner's a decent player with a good range of passing. How Jake manages to get selected every game is beyond me. Marshy might be able to explain, can anyone else?

bn18bloke

May 28, 2011
LA
Seems the problem is Hypia doesn't know what his best team is.
JFC is total gash as far as I am concerned, but plays for the England U21's somehow, so perhaps thats why he is picked.
I would play Augustein, feel he has something to offer that others don't, he just needs to stop eating the pies and get fit...
Perhaps a strong Manager/Club would get the best out of him

Stumpy Tim

It's important that we play two attacking midfielders (JFC and Gardner) as holding midfielders, and leave two holding midfielders on the bench. This is part of Sami's plan. For us to be an absolute ****ing shambles

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The real shambles is the amount of midfield players signed and we still cannot get that area sorted.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Seems the problem is Hypia doesn't know what his best team is.
JFC is total gash as far as I am concerned, but plays for the England U21's somehow, so perhaps thats why he is picked.
I would play Augustein, feel he has something to offer that others don't, he just needs to stop eating the pies and get fit...
Perhaps a strong Manager/Club would get the best out of him

He is a grown man who is fortunate enough to be a professional footballer and benefit from the luxuries that come with it! He is a poor professional who deserves to be playing for the likes of Hartlepool or Macclesfield! Waster,disgrace.Cannot believe we still suffer him! JFC is a far better pro than he will ever be!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here