Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the problem bigger than the manager?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
While tactics are poor, is it just the manager that is the problem? Or is there a deeper problem here? Largest attendances in the league, big spending fans once in the ground, yet we have this real bargain basement attitude with a lot of things we do, on and off the field.

Has Bloom under estimated what it takes to be a chairman and support a Championship club, or is he simply taking FFP far too rigidly and seriously?

I don't really blame Barber, Burke etc, as I get the impression they are operating under very difficult circumstances.

Feb 14, 2010
The problem is that the buys in the summer were dreadful. That is the fault of those who identified the players. The other problem is the manager who is not getting enough out of what he has but its more than just the manager. Its not Bloom however, he has done more for this football club than anyone since and including Bamber.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Crap recruitment (in terms of the results from our transfer activities) and an even crappier manager and first team coaching team. Bloody simple. Been saying it for months, now it is just so obvious we shouldn't even be forced to discuss it, action must be taken.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Is it crap recruitment?

Or is this all you can get for the money we had to spend?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Goes far deeper than the manager. Why was he appointed is where the questioning should start.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Burke is the biggest waste of wages since Ryan Harley. Clueless doesn't even cut it. But our squad shouldn't be in the relegation zone and Hyypia has to go.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Burke and Hyypia are the problem and i'm afraid to say Bloom is to unless he changes the recruitment process.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I wouldn't say its a bargain basement attitude - I think its the complete opposite. I think Bloom and co think we're much bigger than we really are. They got fooled by Poyet's success, even thinking that he under-achieved by not getting us promoted, and started turning us in something we're not. All this Directors of Football and premier-league ready nonsense, they lost track. I hope this season acts as a reality-check.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Its the biggest playing budget this club has ever had. Successive transfer windows have seen our squad weakened more and more.

But that's all relative, recruiting good players is the most expensive it's ever been.

Feb 14, 2010
Is it crap recruitment?

Bournemouth, palace and Burnley.. yes it's poor, in fact very poor identification of players and very poor use of players we have. There should be no excuses for anyone who identified the players this summer or for the shambles on the field during this first half of the season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is it crap recruitment?

This.

Bloom said our budget has gone up every season, and quite frankly I think he is lying. Either that, or we are spending A LOT of money on league one players. I find it hard to believe Stockdale, COG, Baldock etc are on more than TK, Ulloa, Orlandi/Lopez etc.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Is it crap recruitment?

You mean the 10k+ salaries for players like Agustein, Colunga, Stockdale, O-Grady, Baldock?? The list goes on... Fact is Burke couldn't spot a good player if he watched Barcalona vs Madrid.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
The players identified and bought are not good enough and that is being proved by poor team selection and tactics from a mediocre manager. We have bought Baldock who was ripping goals out of peoples arse last year yet for us he is invisible on the pitch- that surely must be down to poor management and tactics but then we have brought in Gardner, Holla, Colunga who just don't seem to be effective in the slightest

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You mean the 10k+ salaries for players like Agustein, Colunga, Stockdale, O-Grady, Baldock?? The list goes on... Fact is Burke couldn't spot a good player if he watched Barcalona vs Madrid.

Which better players could we have landed for the same money?

Genuine question

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Before today I've been saying there's clearly stuff wrong at the club not just the manager.
The team doesn't seem as bad as the table suggests, there has been times when we have looked very close to being very good.

But the team (midfield) selection for an away game at free scoring league leaders is beyond defence.

Anything happening at the club that has me in full agreement with [MENTION=11697]kevtherev[/MENTION] can't be a good.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We are in total meltdown at present

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here