Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC, Gardner, Teixeria, Bennett, March

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
That must be the most physically weak midfield we have ever produced. I'm not saying there isn't any quality there but it's so lightweight it's unbelievable how Ince doesn't start just for his physical attributes.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
JFC could sit in the centre circle for 90 minutes and he would be in again next week.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That must be the most physically weak midfield we have ever produced. I'm not saying there isn't any quality there but it's so lightweight it's unbelievable how Ince doesn't start just for his physical attributes.

I can see what u mean..thought that myself..but Ince is a bit hot an cold imho ..good against Blackburn..poor last week..midfield does seem a problem

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

If Toko isn't going to be used regularly, I would have started him to get in amongst them and cause chaos!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
JFC could sit in the centre circle for 90 minutes and he would be in again next week.

One of many many mysteries this season. Just how the Amex poster boy plays week in week out. Clearly Hyypia see's something the rest of us don't. But then seeing as Hyypia is clearly out of his depth, that's hardly surprising really.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Hmmm can see what you mean, JFC seems physically weak, and closely resembles a crab with his relentless sideways and backwards passing. Gardner though l really do rate, (although l'm aware that many don't). Bennett and March, would you call them midfielders?, both much better utilised out wide as wingers in my opinion.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If Toko isn't going to be used regularly, I would have started him to get in amongst them and cause chaos!

Not being used regularly?, he isn't being uses at all!, and how do you know if he is capable of getting amongst them and causing chaos, when we have never seen him play?

Although there again, maybe anyone is worth a try at the moment.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Not being used regularly?, he isn't being uses at all!, and how do you know if he is capable of getting amongst them and causing chaos, when we have never seen him play?

Although there again, maybe anyone is worth a try at the moment.

His (pre-Brighton) You Tube videos deserve an 'X' rating. Most players came out of tackles with him needing for them to be subbed. :thumbsup:

Maybe he is too aggressive for our fancy footwork. :shrug:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I can see what u mean..thought that myself..but Ince is a bit hot an cold imho ..good against Blackburn..poor last week..midfield does seem a problem

Maybe if he was given the chance to start two weeks running he'd get some consistency. JFC and Gardner play poorly most weeks and always start.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The average age of that Midfield must be what 22? and no physical presence whatsoever? Against the leaders. One consolation is that it could mean a hammering and finally the back of Hyppia.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I like it, but not sure top of the league Derby is the place to go put out a team without any sort of defensive midfielder.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
We might win 5-0 with that midfield, but rather more likely we will lose 5-0 with a lightweight midfield.
What is SH playing at? I mean it's a totally weird match selection. Macca sitting in the stands at Peterborough, and no striker on the bench. Where's Baldock? Crazy

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We might win 5-0 with that midfield, but rather more likely we will lose 5-0 with a lightweight midfield.
What is SH playing at? I mean it's a totally weird match selection. Macca sitting in the stands at Peterborough, and no striker on the bench. Where's Baldock? Crazy

Agreed, and agreed again. Clutching at straws l know, but for an hour we played really well against Fulham last week with a lightweight midfield, (before LuaLua gave way to Ince of course).

It is very much a team selection made by a manager in panic mode, who still, halfway through his first season of taking the job, has absolutely no idea of his best starting eleven.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
His (pre-Brighton) You Tube videos deserve an 'X' rating. Most players came out of tackles with him needing for them to be subbed. :thumbsup:

Maybe he is too aggressive for our fancy footwork. :shrug:

Having seen him play for the Development squad, he couldn't cause chaos in a nursery. Remember Turienzo looked good in videos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here