Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia: I don't lack passion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion*boss Sami Hyypia has hit back at critics who claim he lacks passion.
The Seagulls’ fall into the Championship relegation zone under Hyypia has coincided with scrutiny by supporters on social media of the Finn’s subdued demeanour in the technical area.
Ex-England manager Steve McClaren, in charge of today’s table-topping opponents Derby County, takes a long-distance view from the stands, a tactic which Steve Coppell adopted during his Albion reign.
Hyypia, tongue-in-cheek, told The Argus: “I’m so new in this area (management) that I haven’t learnt how to make a big show on the touchline yet.
“Maybe, when people want me to jump up and down, I should make the same decision as these fellas, go in the stand and then nobody can say he is not passionate enough.
“There is nothing wrong with my passion in the game.
“I love football and I love my work. I work hard and I try to do my work as well as possible.
“That doesn’t meant to say if I’m not jumping up and down that I’m not passionate or I don’t support the team. I can’t go on the pitch to help the team.
“I’m the kind of guy that stands there when I feel the need to stand.
“I don’t want to make any show for any other reason. If we were on top of the league I don’t think anyone would comment on my behaviour on the bench. Of course, where we are affects all the comments.”
Bettering Rotherham’s result at Cardiff will haul Albion straight back out of the drop zone as, almost certainly, would only a second win in 16 league games, with Millwall, Huddersfield and Bolton also catchable and all with inferior goal differences.
Derby are set to recall Jake Buxton in place of their injured skipper Richard Keogh in central defence.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here