Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The FA have finally gone mad,

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Mario Balotelli charged with racisim for posting an instagram that included the words "jumps like a black man and grabs coins like a Jew"

He's black, and his Mum is Jewish.

All members of the FA hierarchy please resign today.

Ever heard of Nintendo you old idiots.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Liverpool wouldn't win four out of six under any circumstances :ffsparr:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I may just be very old fashioned and un pc but I see nothing wrong with that comment, I find it pathetic that Balotelli is being charged with racism

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I am willing to exercise a modicum of discretion in my tweets, and do so for 10p in Balotelli's pound.
LFC saves money, I make money. It's win-win.

I just don't know who in the Liverpool front office to pitch the deal to.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The one thing this has confirmed in my view is that if sportsmen want to sign multi-million pound contracts they should be quite prepared to accept a clause agreeing NEVER to go near social networks.

Especially if they're a bit stupid, as Ballotelli appears to be.

Yoda

English & European
He's used two racist stereotypes in one sentence, the FA is absolutely right to charge him for it.

Not really sure why you think that is a poor decision to be honest.

Err! Because he is black & his Mum is Jewish?

He's obviously talking about himself, so the FA are saying he's being racist to his self.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The one thing this has confirmed in my view is that if sportsmen want to sign multi-million pound contracts they should be quite prepared to accept a clause agreeing NEVER to go near social networks.

Especially if they're a bit stupid, as Ballotelli appears to be.

This. As Jimmy Bullard has recently shown, best for footballers to do their talking on the pitch.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
He's used two racist stereotypes in one sentence, the FA is absolutely right to charge him for it.

Not really sure why you think that is a poor decision to be honest.

Don't be so stupid.
By definition you can't be racist against your own creed.
Are you on the FA committee?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's obviously talking about himself, so the FA are saying he's being racist to his self.
Is he really talking about himself? I thought he was the opposite of money grabbing, he seems generous with his money. And he's not Jewish is he, so how is it talking about himself?

He's not Jewish, and it's quite clearly insulting towards Jews.

Yoda

English & European
He's using potentially racist terms that could offend any black or Jewish person. It doesn't matter about the context, it's unacceptable to use that kind of language, particularly as a role model.

Does that mean we should ban the film 'White Men Can't Jump' as that's potentially racist? I've never know a black person complain about, as a race, they are athletically superior than other.

Maybe there is a point on the Jewish side, for those that don't know his mother is Jewish.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He's using potentially racist terms that could offend any black or Jewish person. It doesn't matter about the context, it's unacceptable to use that kind of language, particularly as a role model.

Sorry the world has gone mad, how the feck is any sane person going to be offended?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If you're going to act like a prat in public, you have to be prepared to face the consequences.

I don't see why people are too surprised; he's been acting like a bell-end for years.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The FA have banned players for way less than this. Invoking racist stereotypes for a cheap joke is quite deserving of at least some punishment in my opinion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It doesn't matter about the context, it's unacceptable to use that kind of language, particularly as a role model.
I don't agree on the 'black' issue. If a black person says 'black men can jump', I can't see many black people getting offended.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Minority groups often don't like being stereotyped, strangely enough. Even if they aren't offended, it is still potentially harmful to societal attitudes.

Unbelievable that in the 21st century people need this explaining to them , but to summarise: no group should be singled out - neither positively or negatively - for their race, skin colour or religion. This is how we will defeat racism.

What a load of tosh you are looking for racism when there is none. The guy is talking about himself for Christ's sake.

It may be the 21st century but I don't need advise from a bleeding heart looking for things that aren't even there, but thanks anyway.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Quite simply, they can't refer to a anybody's race or religion, as well as numerous, well known other personal traits, along the lines of disability, sexuality etc. It's not about being old fashioned etc., it's just a blanket 'don't do it' edict. If they are dim enough to transgress against it, then they deserve all they get tbh...

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
He didn't 'write' anything.
He retweeted a SuperMario (geddit) anti-racist meme that's been doing the rounds for ages (but has recently been altered).

It says, 'Don't be racist, be like Mario - He's an Italian plumber, created by Japanese people, who speaks English & looks like a Mexican'.
It's on a purple background & someone has later photoshopped underneath, in lighter purple letters '... jumps like a black man & grabs coins like a jew'.

I'm aware Mario's not the sharpest tool in the box but this isn't someone shooting their mouth off without thinking, he's just retweeted something he liked & taken it down pretty rapidly.
To be lumping him in with twatty Whelan & scumbag Malky, as David Baddiel is doing is bizarre

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here