Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smart Recruitment Team

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
How to spend Ulloa's transfer fee.....

"Baldock, Albion's main summer striker target, and O'Grady were purchased from League One Bristol City and Barnsley respectively for a combined potential cost in the region of £6 million, taking into account transfer fees, wages and lengths of contract."

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11648031._/

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Yeah but... O'Grady was only here for a few months and now Sheffield United are paying his wages.

But I do agree with your general point, another massive cock up by Burke and co.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Are you all serious?

It's accounting for: Transfer fee, WAGES and agent fees. Of course it'll be closer to £6m. Do you think they'll simply cost the club £550,000 then that's it?

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I dunno, I'm sure some people still believe the attendance numbers broadcast during the match. Can we not take anything said by the club at face value?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yeah but... O'Grady was only here for a few months and now Sheffield United are paying his wages.

But I do agree with your general point, another massive cock up by Burke and co.

I very much doubt Utd are paying all of Cogs wages

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
A recruitment "team ",have to be accessed on their overall results,i am sure they all work very hard.There has been some changes recently to this team,and i am sure the "revamped " team of scouts can hardly wait until the window.What i don't quite understand that if the head coach fails.....he is sacked !.....

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Is too much, no of course about it....

This is hypothetical, but let's consider this.

COG: £550,000 + £75,000 agent fee.

Contract of 3 years, with a salary of £10,000 p/w (10,000 x 4) x 36 = 1,440,000. That's how much his contract is worth. So COG = £2,065,000

Is what COG could have cost us had he remained on his contracts without bonuses. However, he has only been here since July, we can assume United are paying a portion of his wages. For argument's sake, let's say 75%.

((10,000 x 4) x 4.5 = £180,000) + (10,000*.75 - 10,000 *1.5) = £172,500 This is what he has cost us in terms of salary so far, we could then alter the (10,000*.75 - 10,000*x) x meaning how many weeks he will be at SUFC, if he is sold in January, then really, he won't cost us anywhere near £2,065,000.

This is of course all hypothetical, but nonetheless; he could have been our top scorer firing us into the premier league. We just don't know till we've purchased him. 15 goals for a shithouse Barnsley is impressive, it was a big gamble. But he won't cost us more than £2m.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
A recruitment "team ",have to be accessed on their overall results,i am sure they all work very hard.There has been some changes recently to this team,and i am sure the "revamped " team of scouts can hardly wait until the window.What i don't quite understand that if the head coach fails.....he is sacked !.....

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
You've also got to factoring in the saved wages from Ulloa PLUS the resale value of Chris and Sam...

Though I must admit, the replacements haven't been satisfactory so far.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
so we have wasted almost 6 million on 2 poor forwards

Not yet we haven't. That figure includes the total wages over the course of Baldock's 4-year contract, and O'Grady's 3-year contract. If either (or both) were to leave well before that, the figure won't be that high. And I, for one, am not ready to write off Baldock just yet....

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Not yet we haven't. That figure includes the total wages over the course of Baldock's 4-year contract, and O'Grady's 3-year contract. If either (or both) were to leave well before that, the figure won't be that high. And I, for one, am not ready to write off Baldock just yet....
okay mate

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is hypothetical, but let's consider this.

COG: £550,000 + £75,000 agent fee.

Contract of 3 years, with a salary of £10,000 p/w (10,000 x 4) x 36 = 1,440,000. That's how much his contract is worth. So COG = £2,065,000

Is what COG could have cost us had he remained on his contracts without bonuses. However, he has only been here since July, we can assume United are paying a portion of his wages. For argument's sake, let's say 75%.

((10,000 x 4) x 4.5 = £180,000) + (10,000*.75 - 10,000 *1.5) = £172,500 This is what he has cost us in terms of salary so far, we could then alter the (10,000*.75 - 10,000*x) x meaning how many weeks he will be at SUFC, if he is sold in January, then really, he won't cost us anywhere near £2,065,000.

This is of course all hypothetical, but nonetheless; he could have been our top scorer firing us into the premier league. We just don't know till we've purchased him. 15 goals for a shithouse Barnsley is impressive, it was a big gamble. But he won't cost us more than £2m.

A Barnsley fan who posts on NSC suggested that O'Grady is on £13k a week here , I can't honestly see Sheffield United paying more than £4K or £5K a week towards his wages while he is on loan at Brammall Lane and if he signs for them he'll probably be on £8k a week like he was at Barnsley last season. We wont recoup the transfer fee either , realistically he is only worth £250k to £300k.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
A Barnsley fan who posts on NSC suggested that O'Grady is on £13k a week here , I can't honestly see Sheffield United paying more than £4K or £5K a week towards his wages while he is on loan at Brammall Lane and if he signs for them he'll probably be on £8k a week like he was at Barnsley last season. We wont recoup the transfer fee either , realistically he is only worth £250k to £300k.
I haven't seen the Barnsley fans' posts, as stated it was all hypothetical in order to bring context to the issue. He has not cost the club £2m, assuming Baldock were the other 4m.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I haven't se n the Barnsley fans' posts, as stated it was all hypothetical in order to bring context to the issue. He has not cost the club £2m, assuming Baldock were the other 4m

All the club lose is his wages from when he signed to when he moves on , less what Sheffield United are paying , the signing on fee , agents fee and loss on the transfer fee received. If he goes in January he'll actually save the club nearly £1.5M (hypothetically) :lol:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
All the club lose is his wages from when he signed to when he moves on , less what Sheffield United are paying , the signing on fee , agents fee and loss on the transfer fee received. If he goes in January he'll actually save the club nearly £1.5M (hypothetically) :lol:
Which is very true, but don't let that fact ruin it for the moaners though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here