Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP Policy Announcement Goes Tits-Up

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lovely to see twats shoot themselves in the foot for no reason at all :lolol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30342953

'UKIP leader Nigel Farage insists he has no problem with women breastfeeding "wherever they want" amid a row over comments he made about the issue. He was criticised after saying it was up to venues to decide their rules and that some people were uncomfortable with "ostentatious" breastfeeding.'

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
FIXTURES - read the other UKIP thread.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

'UKIP leader Nigel Farage insists he has no problem with women breastfeeding "wherever they want" amid a row over comments he made about the issue. He was criticised after saying it was up to venues to decide their rules and that some people were uncomfortable with "ostentatious" breastfeeding.'

Not sure what your point is here. I'm no fan of UKIP, but i totally agree with what Farage said here. I think it is fine for establishments to set their own rules, and from what I remember he did not say that breastfeeding was ostentacious, but that some people percieve it to be. And he's right on that front, some idiots do think that. So how is that shooting themselves in the foot?

personally if a place banned breastfeeding, then i would avoid it on principle. But it's their right to set their own rules on their premises.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure what your point is here. I'm no fan of UKIP, but i totally agree with what Farage said here. I think it is fine for establishments to set their own rules, and from what I remember he did not say that breastfeeding was ostentacious, but that some people percieve it to be. And he's right on that front, some idiots do think that. So how is that shooting themselves in the foot?

personally if a place banned breastfeeding, then i would avoid it on principle. But it's their right to set their own rules on their premises.

A big rule of politics is that while you're on a roll you say nothing contentious that your opponents might seize upon, however puerile. Farage just gave the professionally-outraged the platform they need to shoot him down. He'll spend the rest of the year on the back foot as a result, talking about breast-feeding :lolol:

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

I don't think this was a UKIP policy announcement as the title suggests. Nigel Farage was asked a question and he answered it. If you like the answer then think about voting for his party, if you did not like the answer then give your vote to someone else. I am not even sure that any of the main political parties have a breast feeding policy. Maybe you could give us your views on breast feeding in a public place as I know that this subject is of the up most importance to all on NSC and it will definitely be a key battle ground during next years election.

D

Deleted member 22389

I don't think this was a UKIP policy announcement as the title suggests. Nigel Farage was asked a question and he answered it. If you like the answer then think about voting for his party, if you did not like the answer then give your vote to someone else. I am not even sure that any of the main political parties have a breast feeding policy. Maybe you could give us your views on breast feeding in a public place as I know that this subject is of the up most importance to all on NSC and it will definitely be a key battle ground during next years election.

lol excellent.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
FIXTURES - read the other UKIP thread.

Yep, i daresay Tom thinks that if he and others keep starting anti ukip threads, with the content far from what has actually been stated, then some numpties might think the statements are actually true and damaging.
Either that or he has not read the other thread, where this has already been covered because of his haste to post his own drivel.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
A big rule of politics is that while you're on a roll you say nothing contentious that your opponents might seize upon, however puerile. Farage just gave the professionally-outraged the platform they need to shoot him down. He'll spend the rest of the year on the back foot as a result, talking about breast-feeding :lolol:

I don't think anyone remotely interested in voting UKIP will give a monkeys on this point, the pro-breastfeeding extremists on the other side (the ones who get morally outraged at such things) were never going to vote UKIP anyhow, and the majority in the middle might agree with him, but not really give a monkeys either when put against the things that really are important.

I think he has done himself no harm at all, if anything any moral outrage from the morally outraged will probably boost his credibilty long term. But essentially it's a complete nothing story.

D

Deleted member 22389

I don't think anyone remotely interested in voting UKIP will give a monkeys on this point, the pro-breastfeeding extremists on the other side (the ones who get morally outraged at such things) were never going to vote UKIP anyhow, and the majority in the middle might agree with him, but not really give a monkeys either when put against the things that really are important.

I think he has done himself no harm at all, if anything any moral outrage from the morally outraged will probably boost his credibilty long term. But essentially it's a complete nothing story.

pro-breastfeeding extremists :lol:

"Pro-breastfeeding extremists" - you mean like new mothers ?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
One of you UKIP haters must be able to turn this into a racist issue.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'm sure if they came and said they agree with seal clubbing, whale hunting and any other despicable practice they would and will take seats off standing MP's
they are as far as I am concerned a means to an end

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here