Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pathetic reason for no tex in squad

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
The pathectic reason hypia might not play tex on sunday really gets me pissed of calde holla and ince could easily play centre back if huges or dunk gets injured tex must be in squad to replace lua lua halford should be the one to miss out imho

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The pathectic reason hypia might not play tex on sunday really gets me pissed of calde holla and ince could easily play centre back if huges or dunk gets injured tex must be in squad to replace lua lua halford should be the one to miss out imho

I agree and to add they would probably do a better job than Halford. I did think could he do a Tanno and register himself as an emergency but he stopped playing 2011, so probably not.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Texeira played fantastic at Bournemouth despite us losing, I don't understand him being shut out since then... Strange.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

It didn't go to well last year when Greer went off injured and we "made do".

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sunday?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would sooner see Tex than McCourt as IMHO he is more likely to cause the opposition problems and either make or score a goal. Unlike McCourt who will beat a player and keep trying another until he loses the ball.

Tex is the obvious replacement for Lua Lua.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I agree and to add they would probably do a better job than Halford. I did think could he do a Tanno and register himself as an emergency but he stopped playing 2011, so probably not.

Tanno retired in 2004 and came back in 2010 did he not? In saying that, there's more chance of Jones registering himself as a player than Hyypia. Also, i HIGHLY doubt it would happen because it would just scream out desperation.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tanno retired in 2004 and came back in 2010 did he not? In saying that, there's more chance of Jones registering himself as a player than Hyypia. Also, i HIGHLY doubt it would happen because it would just scream out desperation.
But if he did register himselfperhaps we could loan him out say for 5 years.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
It didn't go to well last year when Greer went off injured and we "made do".

Didn't Chicksen come on pushing Ward to CB?
I remember at the time wondering why Ince wasn't pushed back so a Midfielder could come on, which would leave Ward at LB, where he was effectively bombing down the wing!

Yoda

English & European
For all our midfield options and lack of attacking/flair, the one to leave out is SOOOOO obviously Gardner. Just proves what a poor manager he his, or that there is a STUPID clause in the loan deal that he MUST be in the matchday squad.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't get why a team is rotated so much, it does not help the team to gel. There should be a maximum of two changes ideally and preferably none. This was picked up by Lineker on MOTD on Wednesday, stating this is what the top teams do. A settled team is a good team.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't get why a team is rotated so much, it does not help the team to gel. There should be a maximum of two changes ideally and preferably none. This was picked up by Lineker on MOTD on Wednesday, stating this is what the top teams do. A settled team is a good team.

Top teams do it because 'Don't change a winning team' is often a very good formula to stick with.

'Don't change a losing team' never seems to have caught on in the same way..................
However, dropping the players who have had a good game (relative to the rest of the team anyway) does seem a perverse way of rotating the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here