Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help please

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
Hi all
I ordered something on line last week,none Albion related,was told it will be delivered Monday gone and nothing turned up,rang company and they said the parcel firm forgot it at the depot but parcel firm said it wasn't given to them,they both blamed each other and said we will send a replacement so the item arrived yesterday and then today the other one turned up,one signed for by me and one by my misses,I now have two and only payed for one,where do I stand on keeping both,

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Morally? Legally?

I'd imagine that the fact that you've each signed for it is what *might* trip you up if enquiries were ever made by the vendor.

Me: I'd contact them, tell them what's happened, & invite them to pay the return postage to send one back. You never know. They might just say "keep it". Then again, what sort of value are we talking?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree with Edna. This happened to me a while back. I emailed the company and said that they were welcome to collect the repeat item whenever they wanted. They replied saying 'our mistake, keep it'. Free pair of trainers it was then.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'd send one of them back. At least that way Mr & Mrs Wang will have one of their daughters back.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yep, I'm with Edna here, however if it is a Kindle Fire, I'm willing to cut a deal with you.

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
It's £89,been having email corespondents with them about the messed up delivery as I waited in for it Monday,nothing as yet from them to say they've sent two

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's £89,been having email corespondents with them about the messed up delivery as I waited in for it Monday,nothing as yet from them to say they've sent two

Anything under a tenner and they'll probably say don't bother sending it back but £89 means they'll want it back

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Just tell them they can collect it at a convenient time for you, but you expect some compensation for waiting in all day for nothing (and not prepared to do that again for them to collect, hence they need to pre-agree an exact time with you to collect). They may decide not to bother .

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Purchased some baby clothing totalling £50 on amazon. Postie left a calling card saying the item was left in a recycling box. Trouble is this was on recycling day- and you can guess what happened.

I advised amazon and registered a complain with Royal Mail. Amazon sent me replacements in the post and RM gave me £50 back after complaint.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Tesco did that to me with a wine delivery - explained to them and that I would pay for both, but they said I could keep both and not pay extra

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I had this with ebuyer, they sent me a PC motherboard, then the next day I received another one. I emailed them and told them, they asked me to use their returns system but that meant agreeing that if it was returned damaged I'd have to pay for it which I wasn't keen on so I asked them to either collect it or send me a prepaid return label. That was 6 years ago and I'm still waiting...

Offer to return it but make sure they pay and take responsibility for it.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The legal position is that you should inform the supplier of the error and having done so you are only obliged to make them available for collection - it is not up to you to organise their return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here