Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roughest away boozer you've had a pre-match beer in !

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
As the thread suggests,

Jubilee City, Derby,
Rifle Club, Portsmouth,
But the worst for me was a pub about 50 yards away from Stoke's old Victoria Ground,
I cannot remember it's name but a minibus load of us walked for a beer and was lucky to get out alive.
Anymore anyone ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
One in Oldham many many years ago.

Either that or one in Barnsley during the miners strikes.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Pub outside Millwall at the old den and one next to West Ham ground but the worst was the Crystal Palace Surporters club when they realised we were a group of Brighton fans who had sneaked in.:rant::censored::shootself

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
it was called something .......... & wagons,Bolton

cup game late 80s early 90s

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
One in Oldham many many years ago.

Either that or one in Barnsley during the miners strikes.

I was in a pub in Oldham back in the 80's and the landlord asked if we were up for the footy so we replied that we were. He then suggested we leave before his regulars
arrived as "They'll kick the s**t out of you when they arrive".

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
There was a pub not far from where the coaches dropped us off for the Priestfield Stadium, cant remember the name but had to be one of the roughest pubs in Gillingham. Then as the coach pulled away this gang of 6 year olds turned up throwing bricks at the coach – really charming place!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
There was a pub not far from where the coaches dropped us off for the Priestfield Stadium, cant remember the name but had to be one of the roughest pubs in Gillingham. Then as the coach pulled away this gang of 6 year olds turned up throwing bricks at the coach – really charming place!

The Monarch?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
nice to see Oldham get a few mentions,used to shag a bird from there

it's funny because we'd go up there for weekends and the locals were great,buying me drinks all night and that's with me kicking their arse's on the pool table

i often asked them if any of them would own up to smashing up a mini bus circa 78 with yours truly inside,but none of them did

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
There was a pub in Gillingham called The Pub.

Roughest one I can remember.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Definitely the one in Aldershot before our cup game ( quite a few years ago now).

We got out just in time before the chairs started being thrown around. Horrible, horrible place and full of nutters.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can't remember the name of any of them but:

Mates all got chased out of one in Chesterfield in the late 80s possibly 1990. Anyway it was about the only game I missed away that season and, yes, that was remarked on. Had a beer with the Fatty Taxman in some hole near New Cross Gate before a Millwall game at the Old Den, It was a VERY quick one. Most regulars had more tats than teeth. There was the flat roofed pub in Sheffield where one of our cockier number played a guy at pool at 3 in the afternoon on a Wednesday before a night game at Wednesday and ended up getting mugged and chased - me and [MENTION=60]Seagulls over Lewes[/MENTION] had seen it brewing and moved on. He'd insisted on staying. Then there was a pub in Wombwell near Barnsley where we were first in and every other person in after stared at us. One of those "pool balls stop rolling on the table" moments.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Definitely the one in Aldershot before our cup game ( quite a few years ago now).

We got out just in time before the chairs started being thrown around. Horrible, horrible place and full of nutters.

The one opposite the ground, I think it was called the Cannon was a little lively many moon ago.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Boozer just over the bridge from Plaistow station.

They were playing the greatest hits of Madness when [MENTION=16837]Jim Van Winkle[/MENTION] and I walked in.

Very quickly realised the geezers inside were organising a meet with a "40 strong Brighton".

A couple of sips of my flat Carling was enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here