Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
jmd-041214-ld229-2124337_478x359.jpg

Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
17:06 4th December 2014
by James Hilsum
I am obviously delighted for Jordan and it’s nice for one of our players to get an accolade like that."
Simon Rusk

Brighton & Hove Albion under-18 player Jordan Maguire-Drew won the League Football Education’s (LFE) Goal of the Month award for October.
Maguire-Drew’s second goal in the 5-1 victory at Tottenham Hotspur topped the shortlist of 13 nominations with 35.8 per cent of the vote.
Connor Tighe’s strike in the 2-1 win over Chelsea claimed second spot in the poll after getting 29.91 per cent of the vote. *

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Albion under-18’s coach Simon Rusk was delighted to see his players gaining national recognition but also highlighted the role of the players' team-mates in the success.He told seagulls.co.uk, “It was a reward for the whole team actually. The two great goals were both from Jordan in the Tottenham game, but he would be the first to admit that they were part of a great overall team performance.
“I am obviously delighted for Jordan and it’s nice for one of our players to get an accolade like that. Hopefully it will continue to build his confidence.
“It is also pleasing to see Connor Tighe get some recognition and one of his strengths is scoring goals from outside the box. He scored another great goal against Arsenal last week and I’d be surprised if he’s not a contender for the next award.
“We have a number of players who can chip in with different types of goals and I’m very happy they are starting to get accolades for them.”
Click here to view the final poll and voting breakdown.
[h=3]ALBION V MILLWALL
[/h]FRIDAY 12TH November, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]friday 26th december, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v BRENTFORD
[/h]SATURDAY 17TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here