Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

best Hoover advice

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I'm looking at getting the missus a deluxe hoover for christmas, any advice on the current best model?

Cheers

:thumbsup:

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
After being married for a very long time now, my advice is "Don't buy her a vaccum cleaner at all" unless you are on a death wish. Buy her something nice, believe me I have been there and done that, I don't intend to go there again, that particular xmas was quite a frosty affair.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Just bought one of them there GTech AirRam + Multi thingies after having our Dyson for 13 years. Only arrived yesterday ad the boxes are still unopened in the hall but looks good!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anything except a dyson. Style over substance.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
[h=1]Kirby Models: The Kirby G4 Vacuum[/h] How long have you had your Kirby G4 vacuum cleaner? This model was first released in 1993 and remained in production through 1997.
The Kirby G4 vacuum featured a brand new 3-position handle locking mechanism as well as additional improvements. The updates on the G4 Kirby made it easier to maneuver and function.
Some of the other standard features on the Kirby G4 vacuum included:

• Toe-Touch Control
  • TechDrive Power Assist
  • Disposable Kirby G4 vacuum bags with Micron Magic®
  • Belt Lifter
The Kirby G4 vacuum also included optional accessories that enhanced the cleaning power and versatility of the machine.
If you lost your product manual or are looking for information on your Kirby G4 vacuum cleaner, contact our customer service department. They can help you find replacement Kirby G4 vacuum bags or other parts.
If you just need a little refresher on how your machine operates, check out the online version of the Kirby G4 manual.
Ready to upgrade your Kirby G4 vacuum? While our machines are built to last a lifetime, many improvements have been made over the years. Now is the right time to upgrade. Learn about the unique features offered on the Kirby Setnria I

These are the Dogs doda's of Vacuum's. Why they sell them as they do, I don't know. The product is plenty good enough without their high pressure badgering selling techniques. We brought one of these in 1995, finally paid £750 for it. It's still going strong (she kept it). I've had a Hoover a Henry and a Dyson since ( £600+). Whatever you do don't let the salesman in, when you do, you are in for a couple of hours of quality entertainment and bartering. Marvel at the crap he gets out of your mattress.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Just bought one of them there GTech AirRam + Multi thingies after having our Dyson for 13 years. Only arrived yesterday ad the boxes are still unopened in the hall but looks good!

they are we have had one for a good few months and with three cats it works perfectly well .........light and easy to use

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I think what you're looking for is a deluxe VACUUM CLEANER, not a deluxe Hoover.

Watch out, anyway, 'cos blokes that buy their wives/partners vacuum cleaners for Xmas are not generally very well thought of.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Used to have a Dyson; it looked funky but wasn't anythin special when it came to picking dust up. I now have a Miele, which is about 10x better. Even when the bag is full the suction is so strong that it'll pick your carpet up when on full power.

I would hate to think what would happen to your knob if you put it in it on full whack.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
For early 80's aficionado's this was the best about.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Hoover is a brand name,

Therefore you should not be discussing other vaucuum cleaners, if you go into an electrical store and ask for a hoover they are obliged to only show the hoover brand, allegedly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After being married for a very long time now, my advice is "Don't buy her a vaccum cleaner at all" unless you are on a death wish. Buy her something nice, believe me I have been there and done that, I don't intend to go there again, that particular xmas was quite a frosty affair.

Wise words

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
Sebo

Ugly as **** but the dogs bollocks when it comes to vacuum cleaning

Very much this!!!
I sell cleaners for a job and if I was buying a upright cleaner it would be a Sebo x4 if its a cylinder cleaner I would go for a Miele.
As others have said avoid the Dyson Range as they are not as well made as they used to be.

However if you want to keep your Missus happy I would also get her something from a quality Jewellery Shop!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Slightly O/T...

There was a contestant on The Chase the other night who got asked the question 'Which US President was an engineer by trade: a) Harry Truman b) Woodrow Wilson c) Herbert Hoover'. She correctly answered c) - then admitted she only got it right because she thought Bradley had said Henry Hoover :facepalm:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Don't do it. No woman is going to be impressed with that on Christmas Day.

Your only hope is to offer to demonstrate how good a model it is, and then 'accidentally' pretend to find a stonking great diamond ring inside the cylinder/bag - "ooh how did that get here" kinda thing.

Otherwise mate your Xmas is gonna be frostier than the North Pole itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here