Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malt vinegar on brussel sprouts

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I'm an old git and I remember (and still love) pouring the vinegar on cabbage and sprouts. My kids, and their kids think this is revolting.

Do you like the combo and what else 'odd' rattles your cage foodwise?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Obscene ! Butter only on Sprouts and Cabbage

My Sister In Law insists on Vinegar and Ketchup with a Sunday Roast of whatever description.

She is a Northerner though, and apparently this is quite normal up there.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seem to recall vinegar on PROCESSED PEAS being a seaside cafe treat in Scotland when I were a lad. Doubtless cos it was too damn cold for any form of ice cream. And probably also cos they were cheaper.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'm an old git and I remember (and still love) pouring the vinegar on cabbage and sprouts. My kids, and their kids think this is revolting.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with malt vinegar on sprouts, I repeat nothing wrong !

I will be doing this on Xmas day for sure, bloody delicious

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm VERY particular with my sprouts, to the extent that I inisist on cooking them myself. Having been peeled and crossed, I drop them into a pan of boiling water with a dash of salt for 13 minutes. This ensures they are soft but firm. Once they are drained and delivered to the Sunday dinnerplate, all I will have them with is gravy - I will not have them molested by vinegar.

I don't "mix" them with anything else on my fork either. I like to savour them on their own.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Funnily enough I didn't think it a choice, I've always thought it was the law!

I'm VERY particular with my sprouts, to the extent that I inisist on cooking them myself. Having been peeled and crossed, I drop them into a pan of boiling water with a dash of salt for 13 minutes. This ensures they are soft but firm. Once they are drained and delivered to the Sunday dinnerplate, all I will have them with is gravy - I will not have them molested by vinegar.

I don't "mix" them with anything else on my fork either. I like to savour them on their own.

WHAT?

BOILED Sprouts?

FFS there's some heathens on this thread.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Shred the sprouts, add a little fresh chilli and some very thinly sliced strips of pancetta, a little single cream to finish .... voila!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here