Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ullloa: waste of £8m, or "not getting the service"...

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
On that basis we have clearly sold them a dud and would be happy to take him off of their hands for the rest of the season, it's only fair......

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Ungrateful gits.... The man is pure class... If they can't appreciate it then Brighton and Loan Albion could beckon once more ;) Imagine Bent and Ulloa up front.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Ungrateful gits.... The man is pure class... If they can't appreciate it then Brighton and Loan Albion could beckon once more ;) Imagine Bent and Ulloa up front.

It's been so long since we played two up front, I'm not sure I can.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Fair comment. I thought the same when he was at the Albion.

Target man strikers are not renowned for close control, but the worse thing was the the rather limited variety of our attacks trying to find Ulloa. Very varied now but there is no one to convert them.

Ideally a team needs a target man striker and another second striker who goes to the near post (not for the same ball as the target) and a pacy wide man/goalscorer. 4-3-3 which also requires a central midfielder of aplomb. That's just four players needed then! Defence are getting on a bit in years, that's another four. Nothing wrong with the squad that eight new players at £8 million apiece would not solve.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Eh? They are playing Leo -BEHIND- Vardy??

Are they mad?!!!

Spend £8m on a target man then play him deep; serves them right.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Most of the posting on that thread disagree with the OP and are defending Ulloa.

I find interesting to hear other fans comments about ex-Albion players at their new clubs. Reading between the lines they rate Ulloa's ability to head the ball and finish but not his mobility. He sounds pretty similar to Murray at Palace in the Prem.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
In their early games they were getting wide and putting cross's in the box.
Watched the game on Tuesday and they were just humping it forward instead.
Ullo still provided their only threat and it was him on hand to score their goal.
Still there top scorer so need to be looking elsewhere and asking what the others are doing..

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Most strikers have hot spells followed by leaner periods. Look back through the record books. I think Greaves went 10 England games without scoring but still ended up with 44 in 57games. Same with Lineker. Same with plenty of others. I know Ulloa isn't in that class but he also had lean spells with us, where his confidence dipped. His drought has started with Leicester's general malaise..2 points out of 27....is it any wonder he is not getting the service he was. Teams have wised up ( it doesn't take long )
The problem Ulloa has got is that he started like a world-beater and the Leicester fans thought they had the bargain of the century. Now they are wondering if they have another Akinbiyi.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here