Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hypothetical question. Would you rather Oscar had stayed or are you happier with Sami?

Who would you prefer in charge, Oscar or Sami?

• Oscar

Votes: 87 71.9%
  • Sami

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • F off stupid poll

Votes: 27 22.3%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last time out, in August, the vote went with Sami. How about now?

Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 11.22.36.png

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...Oscar-had-stayed-or-are-you-happier-with-Sami

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Bit of a no brainer now. I think I voted for Hyypia at the time, but at the moment, I'd much rather see Oscar in charge.

I also think that Blooms veiled criticism of Oscar has come back to haunt him now...Much like the comments he has made about having a "competitive" side at the beginning of the season.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Didn't vote on the original poll but I would have preferred Oscar to stay. I backed him all last season and even if the football was dull at times I would have liked to see what he could do with a full summer's work on his squad.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Didn't vote last time, but i was gutted when Oscar left, really thought he could build on what he achieved in the first year with us.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I know Oscar football was often boring but I actually enjoyed the chess-like nature of a lot of it. And the goals were so rare they were more exciting (OK, making the best of a bad job there). But Oscar was class and quality - picking up on the other thread we obviously needed him and Upson to stay.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can't really vote as 100% wanted OG to go and was glad he did. Felt that Sami was the wrong appt and that Sherwood should have been persuaded.

If anything glad Sami did come but only so we can go and get Tim Sherwood now!!

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Oscar all the way. A lot of people got what they wanted when he left last year, and look what happened.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Need a 'neither' option.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Oscar when poll was first around and funnily enough I haven't changed my mind!
Was gutted when he left, would have loved to have seen what he did this season

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Would Oscar have done any better with the players we have now, I have no idea.

I thought Oscar's style was dull and turgid at times, but clearly effective if you have someone of Ulloa's quality up-front, would dread to think of what we would be watching with Oscar in charge of this lot.

The players from before would have a better understanding of the tactics so only new players to learn, and we would have probably gone for a target man in a similar vein to Ulloa, rather than Baldock and COG.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Didn't vote on the original poll but I would have preferred Oscar to stay. I backed him all last season and even if the football was dull at times I would have liked to see what he could do with a full summer's work on his squad.
Can't remember voting in the original poll but I know I didn't want Oscar to go so yes, the above.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I ticked the third option - as long as we have the same arrangements at the top for recruiting and supporting the manager he doesn't matter who is in the job. This is not saying that Sami shouldn't go but when he does we will be on the brink of appointing a fourth victim of the current arrangements. Undoubtedly people will STILL come on here saying that the reason for our continuing decline is (insert name of current person).

And by supporting I don't just mean signing everyone he wants.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here