Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any good recommendations for Christmas dinner in Brighton Christmas day ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well the wife is useless in the Kitchen and I cannot be bothered cooking, never mind endless streams of washing up so has anyone got any good recommendations for Christmas diner in Brighton Christmas day ?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I can't help with where to go, but I can recommend that people keep in mind that the staff are missing their Christmas so that you can enjoy yours.

As an ex-waiter who worked numerous Christmas day shifts, I can confirm that is when people were rudest

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wouldn't ask this lot, look how many recommendations the Toby Carvery got in a roast dinner thread yesterday [emoji23]

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
Perhaps you could get some cookery lessons as an Xmas present for your wife. Home cooking is an important part of family life according to the experts and one of the reasons why some families are disfunctional..

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Try christmasdinnertoyourdoorstep.com used last year for 8 of us, hot and well cooked and delivery guy was dressed as Santa as a bonus

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Connaught in Hove.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Two out of the last three years, Mrs P and I have had Christmas dinner in Havanahs. Can't fault it.

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
Perhaps you could get some cookery lessons as an Xmas present for your wife. Home cooking is an important part of family life according to the experts and one of the reasons why some families are disfunctional..

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

why did you re post that 13 minutes apart ?

Are you my wife ?

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
Well I am female and American ( moved to Sussex.from New York a few years ago ) but certainly not your wife. Uuugh.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I can't help with where to go, but I can recommend that people keep in mind that the staff are missing their Christmas so that you can enjoy yours.

As an ex-waiter who worked numerous Christmas day shifts, I can confirm that is when people were rudest

No they're not. They are missing Christmas to earn money. Totally their choice. Not condoning rudeness to any staff at any time of year but the customer comes first in a restaurant situation.

Farm Tavern.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Viceroy in Newhaven is open if that's a help, and doing Turkey Tikka Masala!

Does it come with a cranberry bhaji and naan bread sauce?

No they're not. They are missing Christmas to earn money. Totally their choice. Not condoning rudeness to any staff at any time of year but the customer comes first in a restaurant situation.

Farm Tavern.

And the customer is paying probably 3 times what they normally would. I've never eaten out on Christmas day, but if I did I would expect absolute bloody perfection for the price.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here