Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football violence sinks to a new low

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
A player has been killed in Argentina after being hit by a brick thrown from the crowd. A very sad day indeed. I have tidied up Google's poor translation!

La Marca

Argentine ultras have claimed a life. This time the hooligans of Chacarita, one of the most violent groups in Argentine football, killed a football player in the middle of a game. Franco Nieto, of Tiro Federal de La Rioja, was playing a league game in Aimogasta. The player, 33, was killed a brick thrown from the crowd hit him on the head. After the assault, Nieto was taken to hospital where he died, according to the newspaper Clarín.

Chacarita were leading Tiro Federal 3-1 with 15 minutes left to play. A fight between the players on the field of play caused a battle in the stands. The referee sent off eight players: 5 from Chacarita and 3 from Tiro Federal. But the tension went into the stands and once the game was over Chacarita fans threw a brick at Nieto. The impact caused a deep wound which caused his death. The names of the perpetrators are Barrionuevo and Diaz and so far it is unknown whether or not they were captured.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The match Saturday between Tiro Federal and Chacarita, two teams from Aimogasta, in Argentina’s northwest, was stopped 10 minutes before full-time because of an on-pitch fight between players. After the game was over, Franco Nieto, 33, the Tiro Federal skipper, was attacked by several people “including a player from the opposing team, an assistant coach and a hooligan,” regional police chief Fabian Bordon told TN television. “People came to insult him. They kicked him and punched him. He tried to defend himself but he was struck violently in the head. He was operated on Tuesday, and died today,” Pablo Nieto, a nephew of the victim, told the news station.
Off-field soccer violence in Argentina has led to 15 deaths since the start of the year, a three-fold increase over the same period in 2013, according to the non-governmental group Salvemos al Futbol- AFP

http://arynews.tv/en/argentina-football-player-beaten-death/

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going to say within 15 THE post will be made about foreign football violence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why don't you just say it then and save us from any triumphalist 'told you so'?
Ah spoil my fun, and use up 2 posts.

How many posts do you think IT will take?

I couldn't give a toss. I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to, to be honest.

Reckon it might be the one about if it happened in England etc,etc,etc.

If not, then I have no idea other than the poster just being a self important dullard again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Reckon it might be the one about if it happened in England etc,etc,etc.

If not, then I have no idea other than the poster just being a self important dullard again.
That's me, and this thread wouldn't be the same without that particular cliche, even though it may well be true.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A player has been killed in Argentina after being hit by a brick thrown from the crowd. A very sad day indeed. I have tidied up Google's poor translation!

La Marca

Argentine ultras have claimed a life. This time the hooligans of Chacarita, one of the most violent groups in Argentine football, killed a football player in the middle of a game. Franco Nieto, of Tiro Federal de La Rioja, was playing a league game in Aimogasta. The player, 33, was killed a brick thrown from the crowd hit him on the head. After the assault, Nieto was taken to hospital where he died, according to the newspaper Clarín.

Chacarita were leading Tiro Federal 3-1 with 15 minutes left to play. A fight between the players on the field of play caused a battle in the stands. The referee sent off eight players: 5 from Chacarita and 3 from Tiro Federal. But the tension went into the stands and once the game was over Chacarita fans threw a brick at Nieto. The impact caused a deep wound which caused his death. The names of the perpetrators are Barrionuevo and Diaz and so far it is unknown whether or not they were captured.

Maybe the translation but the article seems to imply the game went on after the sendings off but with 5 players from one side gone the game was over then. As it isn't English fans, doubt much will be done!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
8 red cards.....one dead player , the names of the perpetrators are known but they haven't been caught.....i thought we had problems...!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If that happened here FIFA would ban us from ever playing football ever again, and we invented the bloody game!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
If that happened here FIFA would ban us from ever playing football ever again, and we invented the bloody game!

Sadly there are idiots in this country who believe this crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here