Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Unsold programmes

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Awfully sorry if fixtures but awoke at 2.47am this morning with the route cause being unclear as to what happens to all of the unsold programmes on matchday.

Took a fair while and several odd methods to nod back off again.

Are they recycled, or sent to remote foreign lands for English lessons?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I would imagine the majority go to the club shop - they usually have back issues available.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Awfully sorry if fixtures but awoke at 2.47am this morning with the route cause being unclear as to what happens to all of the unsold programmes on matchday.

Took a fair while and several odd methods to nod back off again.

Are they recycled, or sent to remote foreign lands for English lessons?

I awoke at at 4:06am with the understanding of Sami's team and substitute selection, from Saturday, as per the Kaz substitution thread.

I didn't even know it was troubling me, t'is funny how the mind works.

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I awoke at 4.06 and needed a pee. Provided I don't think of Club Programmes I just go straight back to sleep.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
With the main appeal of programmes being buying them prematch and having them throughout the match, I wonder about the viability of selling them at half price or less outside the ground post-match and than back to full price for sale in the club shop.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
With the main appeal of programmes being buying them prematch and having them throughout the match, I wonder about the viability of selling them at half price or less outside the ground post-match and than back to full price for sale in the club shop.
There is a few of us selling them at half time, have you not heard me?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I haven't bought a programme since the 1990s. I just thought that rather than bin them the club could make some money at a reduced cover price post-match.

If they did that no one would buy them before the game.
They do give them out free to kids at Xmas parties etc.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
If they did that no one would buy them before the game.
They do give them out free to kids at Xmas parties etc.

My intial post covered the point about the appeal of buying a programme (arguably) being much diminished post-match, especially after a loss and so sold at a reduced price, so recouping some money for the club rather than them just being binned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here