Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unlocking a iphone

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I understand it can be done but are there any risks?
Is it certain all can be unlocked?
Where best to take it?

Intending buying dear daughter a 5s and all the family are on the virgin network. which is on the back of t mobile and EE, is that right?

Most phones i see for sale are o2 vodaphone etc, if i buy one that has been on the EE network will it automatically work with a virgin sim?

appreciate any knowledge.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I've unlocked many phones with codes off ebay. So much cheaper.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Where best to take it?

Intending buying dear daughter a 5s and all the family are on the virgin network. which is on the back of t mobile and EE, is that right?

Most phones i see for sale are o2 vodaphone etc, if i buy one that has been on the EE network will it automatically work with a virgin sim?

I believe EE phones work ok with Virgin Sims.

If you're not buying a new phone, take care, there are hundreds of 'stolen' Iphones on the market and many are locked as the owners have enabled 'find my phone'. I think if you can get the IMEI details you can check online that its ok.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Contact your network provider and get them to provide the unlock codes

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Unfortunately you should avoid EE, You will have to pay at least £100 to unlock to another Network like Vodafone or Orange etc..

I know this because I took my Iphone 4 ( which is locked to EE to 3 different Shops that unlock/Repair phones).
They all told me the same, The price is so high because it's set by EE, Nothing to do with Labour/Unlock charges, They stand to make £5 out of it..

Yet if you were on the other networks like Vodafone or Orange etc.. They only charge £40 or so..

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Where best to take it?

Unless you are purchasing from a personal friend then this website could save you possible unnecessary grief. http://www.checkmend.com/uk/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here