Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best venue for a Sunday roast in Worthing for a group of 7 or 8 people

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wandering Goose is meant to be good, not sure if they do bookings though and it's only small. Worth a go.

The Gun in Findon is good but a tad pricey.

Tides in Goring is nice too, but it is essentially a cafe

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Carvery at Lyons Farm is ok, if very very busy.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Went to the Toby carvery on George v avenue the other day, it was awesome, had to wait 45 mins to be seated so I'd book beforehand only £9 something on a Sunday, choice of beef, Turkey, gammon and / or pork

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Another vote for the Toby Carvery at what was The George on George V ave. Always excellent. Decent selection of beers too.

Often meet up ther, with the extended family when I'm down in Worthing.
They have one table in the restaurant that will take a group of 8 or occassionally they will break out into the pub area if needs be.

I'm pretty sure they won't take bookings for Sunday, but will for other days of the week.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Another vote for the Toby Carvery at what was The George on George V ave. Always excellent. Decent selection of beers too.

They have one table in the restaurant that will take a group of 8 or occassionally they will break out into the pub area if needs be.

I'm pretty sure they won't take bookings for Sunday, but will for other days of the week.

Has it reopened? it was closed a few weeks back and the Downlands was mobbed. The food in the Downlands was poor, the place was packed and i was out of there asap.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I can promise you that they do not have a decent selection of beers. The beer is not kept that well either and is regarded as only an add on to selling "food".

Jul 7, 2003
Is that still managed by Kerry Mayos brother

Thankfully not - he has gone and most of the lowlife that dragged the place down left with him. Since the change of management and the refit it's now a nice place to drink again.

As for the roast dinner, I would suggest The Cricketers at Broadwater.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here