Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sri Lanka v England Sky Sports 2 Now

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
England lost the toss and Sri Lanka chose to bat and are 160-5 off 27 overs , the match has been reduced to 35 overs a side due to rain , Jordan gets a start and has taken a smart catch and bagged Mathews and Sangrakara both who were motoring at the time .

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Jordan gets a start and has taken a smart catch and bagged Mathews and Sangrakara both who were motoring at the time .
Excellent news. #GOSBTS

I must say that I like the look of this team a lot more than the ones that lined up for the previous game. If only they'd drop Cook and bring in Taylor it would be more or less bang on (with Anderson and Broad to come in for two of the fast bowlers, probably Woakes and Stokes or Jordan).

Having said that, Sri Lanka are still going at a run a ball and are going to post more from 35 overs than England managed from 50 in the last game, so I'm far from confident.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Cook seems undroppable and on current form should be nowhere near the 1st team in limited overs , it seems as though its between Woakes Stokes and Jordan to grab a place in the up coming world cup with Anderson and Broad likely to come back in .

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
How do England have to chase 6 less than Sri Lanka??

I know it''s D/L but seeing as Sri Lanka had their 2 overs when it was supposed to be a 50 over game before the rain I though if anything we'd have had to chase 3 or 4 more.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

I know it''s D/L but seeing as Sri Lanka had their 2 overs when it was supposed to be a 50 over game before the rain I though if anything we'd have had to chase 3 or 4 more.

Something to do with a imaginary situation created in the mind of the original conceivers of the D/L method , good news maybe around the corner as Cook faces a suspension over another poor over rate in todays game

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Something to do with a imaginary situation created in the mind of the original conceivers of the D/L method , good news maybe around the corner as Cook faces a suspension over another poor over rate in todays game

If he's suspended and we play well and win on Sunday surely he can't then bring himself back in??

I'm not particularly up to speed with the peculiarities of D/L but I'd imagine it's due to the fact that Sri Lanka were a wicket down when the rain set in. Therefore having the game shortened is an advantage to them... or something like that?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Kiss of death time , Good start for England Ali 43* and Cook 34 * opening 79-0 off 11 overs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here