Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take defeat to Derby?

Would you take defeat to get rid of SH?

• No - I don't want Sami to go even if we do lose.

Votes: 31 22.5%
  • No - But I want Sami out.

Votes: 49 35.5%
  • Yes - If that's what it takes.

Votes: 58 42.0%

• Total voters

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
If it meant Sami was sacked the next day?

I personally would not wish defeat on Brighton no matter what, but a friend of mine would happily sacrifice one game to get Sami out. He states that a win would buy SH more time, and as a result, we'd be worse off in the long run.

So would you take 0 points from Derby to ensure Sami goes? This is, ofcourse only a question for the 'OUT' camp.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No, I am an Albion fan therefore I would never want us to lose. Who is to say a win at the league leaders might kick start our season??

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Whether we would take it or not we are going to get beaten. Probably heavily.

That's what everyone said when we went to Norwich, it doesn't work like that. If the players have respect for Sammi - and that is the most important point - then we can get something there. I'm not putting my last penny on it obviously but it's not the foregone conclusion that so many people think it is.

Stumpy Tim

If you can guarantee Sami has gone if we lose, then absolutely. It's simple - a draw would paper over the cracks & we would lose points in the long run.

I usually defend Bloom to the hilt, but this delay in getting rid of Hyppia is ludicrous.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No. I'd rather take the valuable 3 points and a (much needed) boost in the players' confidence.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When in our position, a managerial sacking should not be made on the basis of a result at somewhere like Derby. Not unless there is a complete and utter capitulation which indicates the players have given up on the manager and for all our woes, I don't think we've seen that happen yet.

So, assuming there is not a capitulation, then one of the following must be true...

- Tony Bloom has decided to give Sami Hyypia a fair while longer almost regardless.
- Tony Bloom has another man lined up (sit him in the stands on Saturday so he gets a look and sack Hyypia after, giving new bloke a week ahead of a 'winnable' game).

Also, isn't it about now that Tony Bloom tends to migrate to Australia for 2-3 months?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
When in our position, a managerial sacking should not be made on the basis of a result at somewhere like Derby. Not unless there is a complete and utter capitulation which indicates the players have given up on the manager and for all our woes, I don't think we've seen that happen yet.

So, assuming there is not a capitulation, then one of the following must be true...

- Tony Bloom has decided to give Sami Hyypia a fair while longer almost regardless.
- Tony Bloom has another man lined up (sit him in the stands on Saturday so he gets a look and sack Hyypia after, giving new bloke a week ahead of a 'winnable' game).

Also, isn't it about now that Tony Bloom tends to migrate to Australia for 2-3 months?

I think that the decision to sack or not to sack Sami has probably already been taken regardless of the result on saturday. In true Albion style we will probably get a win on saturday. I would think that if TB is going to sack Sami the Aussie trip may well be postponed for a few weeks. With the Albion in a very precarious postion I would hope the TB wouldnt want to be too far from his £200MM investment at this time?

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Unless we get hammered which in fairness to Brighton is unlikely as we only tend to lose by the odd goal and have picked up the odd decent draw away from home there is no way he will be sacked after Derby.

Millwall is another matter, a draw would not be good enough and it could be the first game the crowd get on the managers back.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A defeat is on the cards against the league leaders , the result which hinges on Hyppia's future is the Millwall game.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Anyone who wants Brighton to lose - in any circumstances - is not a proper fan . End of . They re nervous upstairs but they are not going to react to all this nonsense so I don't know why you bother . personally I think Sami needs a better assistant to help him trough this difficult period . Clearly Brighton need some more loyal fans as well .. ....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I can't envision any (plausible) situation where I would actively want us to lose a match.

Apart from losing to a team in the final game of the season that would leap frog Palace in the table and send Palace down to League 1 :wink:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
No, If we had someone in place to take over he'd be in already. I'd much rather keep Sami until either we turn our form around or until we find a suitable replacement.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't think of any set of circumstances where I'd will us to lose. We do that often enough without willing for more. I'd love it if we beat Derby and Millwall and Sami showed us all (not expecting it I might add)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here