Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady (video in link) - having a go at us...

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
"I’ve always played my best football for people who really put their trust in me"

“I feel highly regarded here"

“It’s nice to be viewed like that rather than just someone who ticks boxes.”

It appears he does not plan to be back too soon....

"My family have come back up and they’re settled here. The same goes for me too which is great because that really helps as well.”

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
"I’ve always played my best football for people who really put their trust in me"

“I feel highly regarded here"

“It’s nice to be viewed like that rather than just someone who ticks boxes.”

It appears he does not plan to be back too soon....

"My family have come back up and they’re settled here. The same goes for me too which is great because that really helps as well.”

Link now detailed below for video...
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-utd/sheffield-united-o-grady-will-put-his-body-on-the-line-for-the-blades-1-6982452

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What boxes would they be

Overpriced Tick
Out of his depth Tick
Anonymous on pitch Tick
A waste of wages Tick
Awful first touch Tick

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
What boxes would they be

Overpriced Tick
Out of his depth Tick
Anonymous on pitch Tick
A waste of wages Tick
Awful first touch Tick

He certainly does tick those boxes.

The 'berk' who recruited O'Grady is a waste of wages and almost certainly overpriced too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't really see the issue. It didn't work out for him here. All players go to new clubs and suck up to their manager/fans.

It's not like he's gone up there and said "oh, by the way. Brighton fans are absolute twunts". It's just standard transfer fluff intended to get the new club onside (especially when you think he used to play for Wednesday). I don't see anything remotely insulting in there: in fact, I could not be more indifferent to him.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
We have to hope he makes a good impression at Sheffield United and they decide to part with some hard earned coins for him. I doubt we will get anywhere near what we paid for him so its a case of financial damage limitation.

We will just have to eat more pies and drink more Harveys to make up for the loss - if of course there is any to buy........

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6685942]Before we signed him I would say that 90% of all Albion fans would have been able to determine that this was a bad transfer

Agreed... Although I would say around 75%. A lot were quite vocal against me when I said he was a lower league journeyman...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6685945]I'd probably go as far as to say anyone who knows anything about football could see this transfer was a mistake. Yes this is a dig at David Burke and his team.

In my view, it was a bargain basement attempt at replacing Ulloa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here