Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno to keep punching for Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion have awarded a contract extension to veteran Spanish defender Bruno.
Bruno and captain Gordon Greer - who The Argus revealed last week had signed a revised deal - have both been retained for an extra year, keeping them at the club until the end of next season.
Fit-again Bruno, signed from Valencia on a free transfer in 2012, was awarded a one-year contract in the summer before the appointment of Sami Hyypia as manager.
The 34-year-old right-back has already done enough to convince Hyypia he is worth keeping for longer, despite missing seven matches with a groin injury.
Centre-half Greer, 34 later this month, was also due to be out of contract at the end of the current campaign.
The Glaswegian arrived from Swindon in the summer of 2010 and signed a new two-year deal in August 2013.
Hyypia told The Argus: "Both are good professionals. Both are working hard in training and they are a good example for the younger players.
"They have their qualities that they show on the pitch. They have both been quite consistent in their performances this season.
"Unfortunately, Bruno had that little injury but now he is back fit. He's a quality player.
"In possession he is very calm on the ball. He trusts his skill and he is a good footballer.
"Being a senior pro he can help the younger players in other areas as well.
"Gordon is the captain and he has qualities to be a leader.
"Both of them are not young any more but I played until I was 37, so they are not that old and age for me is only a number.
"Your attitude and training quality is more important than if somebody is 25 or 40. I'm very happy that both players are happy to stay."
The deals for Bruno and Greer consolidate Albion's future defensive options.
Goalkeeper David Stockdale was bought from Fulham on a three-year contract in the summer, when Greer's regular young partner Lewis Dunk also penned a new four-year deal.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here