Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calde over Bruno

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Right now I'd prefer the reliability and blue-and-white-striped-blood of Calderon over the flair and no hair, gone awol, wayward passes and hopeless flicks, not to mention arguing with his team mates of Bruno.

Thank you very much.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Good to know.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As I'm not currently in the starting 11, am I also a fantastic footballer considerably better than every one of the players on the pitch?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Neither of them have got the legs to play in hyppia's favoured wing back system, Bruno also spends half the season out injured. Yet more poor decision making from the recruitment team if they start a our right backs next season.

Simple answer is PLAY A SYSTEM THAT SUITS WHAT YOU HAVE!! Playing this ludicrously high wing-back system with a 34 year old and a 32 year old, neither of which are blessed with their pace from even 2 seasons ago is verging on suicidal.

Bruno is 50% better than Calderon in both attacking and defending. Calderons plus is the fans love him but that doesnt cut on the pitch.

Completely disagree. Bruno is marginally better attacking wise and marginally worse defensively in my opinion. I do love Calderon, and I'm right to do so, but people constantly overlook Bruno's casual attitude to actual defending because of his flair which he undoubtedly has in abundance.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Calde's strong point is he is consistent, Bruno on the other hand can be brilliant but he can also be a liability. Both don't do all that well against wingers with real pace.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Simple answer is PLAY A SYSTEM THAT SUITS WHAT YOU HAVE!! Playing this ludicrously high wing-back system with a 34 year old and a 32 year old, neither of which are blessed with their pace from even 2 seasons ago is verging on suicidal.

To be fair, they aren't playing as high as they were earlier in the season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes I'd play Calderon too. What signal does it give when a player has an absolute SHOCKER of a game and yet manages to retain his place, despite there being a perfectly reasonable back up available.

These players should be earning the shirt. Competition for places is a good thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair, they aren't playing as high as they were earlier in the season.
Well that's doesn't make sense, because Sami is clueless, never changes formation and has no plan B.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Calderon's legs have gone, he gets outpaced every time and his performance this season have been poor, I'd have him in midfield over JFC and Gardner though.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yes I'd play Calderon too. What signal does it give when a player has an absolute SHOCKER of a game and yet manages to retain his place, despite there being a perfectly reasonable back up available.

These players should be earning the shirt. Competition for places is a good thing.

But to swing it the other way, if the team is chopped and changed too often then Sami gets accused of not knowing his best team. It seems a hiding to nothing.

Well that's doesn't make sense, because Sami is clueless, never changes formation and has no plan B.

Silly me, I forgot that!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
But to swing it the other way, if the team is chopped and changed too often then Sami gets accused of not knowing his best team. It seems a hiding to nothing.
Sami gets accused of far worse than not knowing his best team!

I'm sure that Bruno will remain an automatic pick (as long as he's fit) regardless of form. I wouldn't do it like that, but then its easy for me sitting in front of a computer screen, I don't have to deal with player ego's. We all want the same thing anyway, a successful team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here