Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QUICK POLL - Who would rather in charge on Saturday vs Derby?

Who would you rather see as our manager in the dugout on Saturday vs Derby?

• Sami Hyypia

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Inigo Calderon

Votes: 51 63.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Simple question.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Out of the two? Hyypia.

I don't support Hyypia, but neither do I want Calderon's status with the club/fans to be tainted by managing before he's ready....

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Inigo Caldeon doesn't have his badges does he? This mean we'd likely face repercussions from the league, so it has to be Hyypia. Even if both were eligible I'd prefer Hyypia, we have no idea how Calderon is in a management situation at the moment.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
As much as I love Inigo, a relegation scrap is not the time to blood in an untried, untested and unqualified manager. Why no Nathan Jones option?...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think we will get something Saturday, we've done well against fancied teams this year on the road. There's also a different atmosphere amongst the fans more akin to away days in the Withdean era..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Inigo Caldeon doesn't have his badges does he? This mean we'd likely face repercussions from the league, so it has to be Hyypia. Even if both were eligible I'd prefer Hyypia, we have no idea how Calderon is in a management situation at the moment.

I don't know where some posters on Nsc have got the idea that Calde has any coaching qualifications. He's a great guy & I'd love him to be employed at the Albion in some capacity when he stops playing, but is he able to be a manager/coach?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I don't know where some posters on Nsc have got the idea that Calde has any coaching qualifications. He's a great guy & I'd love him to be employed at the Albion in some capacity when he stops playing, but is he able to be a manager/coach?

Exactly. You can't just rock up and go "Yeah I'm fine to coach now!" I don't know how complex getting the coaching qualifications is though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This Calderon obsession is frankly embarrassing

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
This Calderon obsession is frankly embarrassing

This. He is a nice man and all, but also a passionate player who clearly loves the club. However, people make it sound like we have a man who is the love child of Ronaldo, Gandhi and Mandela. Also, what makes people think he would be a good manager?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Might as well roll the dice and get Coppell or McGhee in for one match.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I bet there was a point late in Sami Hyypia's Liverpool career when their (then) manager was failing, and a few of their fans were thinking "Let's get Sami in: club hero, full of drive & passion, player with lots of heart & ability, knows the club inside out....".

D

Deleted member 22389

Calde can't be any worse than Hyypia. At least he shows passion.

Didn't he blast Colunga when he took that player out? Calderon has passion, the man is fast becoming an Albion legend.
I hope the club will employ him later on. If not we should all collectively come together and ask the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why Calderon as an alternative he has no experience his only plus is popularity with the fans and players as a person, not football founded. If an existing player took over temporary I would go for Greer or Hughes and their experience.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I bet there was a point late in Sami Hyypia's Liverpool career when their (then) manager was failing, and a few of their fans were thinking "Let's get Sami in: club hero, full of drive & passion, player with lots of heart & ability, knows the club inside out....".

And I for one think they should have done.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This poll is more damning towards Hyypia than anything. The majority would prefer someone with NO managerial experience whatsoever, over a professional football manager who's last job was at Bayer Leverkusen, a medium-to-big European side.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
This poll is more damning towards Hyypia than anything. The majority would prefer someone with NO managerial experience whatsoever, over a professional football manager who's last job was at Bayer Leverkusen, a medium-to-big European side.

Quite agree. In fact, I think I'd rather you were in charge on Saturday instead of the dim finn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here