Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporting the Albion this year?

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
I take the results and performances away from what I'm feeling as it wouldn't put me off going.

However, my thing this year is that I feel more detached from the club and players than ever. So many new players who now can't get in the team having been replaced by all these loan players has left me a bit "meh" to an extent.

I felt like this a bit under Adams second era when we had 35+ players chopping and changing all the time and it all felt a bit unfamiliar.

I think it's possibly because the last 3 transfer windows has seen so many players leave who we're mainstays and it all seems abit uninspired at the moment from top to toe.

Don't know how I've worded it but that's how I feel at the moment

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I take the results and performances away from what I'm feeling as it wouldn't put me off going.

However, my thing this year is that I feel more detached from the club and players than ever. So many new players who now can't get in the team having been replaced by all these loan players has left me a bit "meh" to an extent.

I felt like this a bit under Adams second era when we had 35+ players chopping and changing all the time and it all felt a bit unfamiliar.

I think it's possibly because the last 3 transfer windows has seen so many players leave who we're mainstays and it all seems abit uninspired at the moment from top to toe.

I'd hazard a guess that it's because we're not doing well. I think if the new players and loans had meant we were top 6 then there wouldn't be an issue surrounding our transfer activity.

Considering some of the shite we've put up with over the years I'm happy to keep supporting them through thick and thin. We've had worse times and we'll have better times. All comes with supporting a club you love.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I'd hazard a guess that it's because we're not doing well. I think if the new players and loans had meant we were top 6 then there wouldn't be an issue surrounding our transfer activity.

Considering some of the shite we've put up with over the years I'm happy to keep supporting them through thick and thin. We've had worse times and we'll have better times. All comes with supporting a club you love.

Thought you didn't go to matches ?

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing

Like I said results and performances are irrelevant as I will go whatever the state of the team. Also, this is not doing badly in terms of years gone by. I just feel more detached from the team as I have ever been but that won't stop me going home and away because it's just what we do.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Worryingly I am coming around to sympathising with Poyet and I never thought I'd ever think like that after the way it ended. We are going backwards and the pace is gathering, it really does appear that the footballing side has been neglected. The facilities are great but are we going to wait until the academy produces before showing ambition again?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Somebody ripped the heart out of the club when I wasn't looking.

Replaced by a few condescending, unlikeable, spin merchants who talk the talk but as yet, no evidence that they walk the walk.

I'm sure the club had the same 'character' about it all through the bad, and sometimes good times (80's and on) but in the past 2/3 years it has become unrecognisable and it's not about the stadium

'Meh' doesn't come close to how I feel but can't come up with anything better.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Somebody ripped the heart out of the club when I wasn't looking.

Replaced by a few condescending, unlikeable, spin merchants who talk the talk but as yet, no evidence that they walk the walk.

I'm sure the club had the same 'character' about it all through the bad, and sometimes good times (80's and on) but in the past 2/3 years it has become unrecognisable and it's not about the stadium

'Meh' doesn't come close to how I feel but can't come up with anything better.

This. Sums it up for me, high paid bullshitters and when they obviously are failing to achieve, they go out and headhunt or bring in old pals, to try and achieve what they have failed in their roles, or be their scapegoats. And we have to get fat and p*ssed so the club can pay for the increasing management numbers.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It's been absolutely soul destroying going this season for me. From a bad summer of ins and outs to appointing a terrible manager which took forever.
Terrible pre season preparations topped off with an opening day defeat at home. It's got worse as the months have gone on and quite frankly embarrassing.
It's a chore going to the Amex now for me. Even if Hyypia goes i'm still unhappy with the recruitment process.This is a massive bugbear to me along with Hyypia. Everything else i can live with including Barbers spin.
This is our fourth season at the Amex and i've held a season ticket for every one of those seasons. Next season i'm cancelling it and picking and choosing my games. This isn't a knee jerk reaction because i made my mind up several weeks ago. I'm not one of those idiots who say they won't go again because Albion are in my blood but my commitment for season ticket is over for the time being.

D

Deleted member 22389

Worryingly I am coming around to sympathising with Poyet and I never thought I'd ever think like that after the way it ended. We are going backwards and the pace is gathering, it really does appear that the footballing side has been neglected. The facilities are great but are we going to wait until the academy produces before showing ambition again?

Poyet was right, I agree with you here, but I cannot forgive him for the Palace shambles or his attitude. Our club and us supporters where treated like shit towards the end of his stint. I don't think he even apologised for one of the strangest matches I have ever seen at the Amex, against our rivals. I'm guessing his attitude at the time didn't help matters as it was proved he wanted out before we even got to the play offs. Poyet for me went from hero to zero after 90 minutes.

I hope one day the tables will turn and we pass his crew on the way up. We are going through a particulrary bad patch at the moment, but what goes down eventually has to come back up. I like to try and be positive when it comes to the football, and I feel something good is around the corner.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I've given up until the new year now, I can't make the Millwall game and I've got no incentive to give up a family boxing day to go and watch any more Hyypia inspired rubbish.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is our fourth season at the Amex and i've held a season ticket for every one of those seasons. Next season i'm cancelling it and picking and choosing my games. This isn't a knee jerk reaction because i made my mind up several weeks ago. I'm not one of those idiots who say they won't go again because Albion are in my blood but my commitment for season ticket is over for the time being.

Given the capacity at the Amex and the fact that getting a ticket will be no problem for 95% of the games, I imagine up to 10k people may feel the same way next season

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Personally, I found it harder to go last season at times. Although we were a more successful side, we were hideously dull. This season has been more of a rollercoaster,

- excitement at a new manager,
- disappointment as signings during window,
- excitement at signings after window and Bolton win,
- descent into bottom four,
- Bent signing.

I don't consider my supporting of the club to ever be in the balance but the bit I highlighted above it something I agree with wholeheartedly. For the last 3 seasons, our squad had an identity and a core of players that had grown together. These were enhanced by some cracking additions which in turn contributed to an upwardly mobile squad. Right now, I look at our squad and see a group of "just passing through" players, very few of which will still be here in 2-3 seasons time (or even 1 season!)

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Bloody hell, looks like I am reading the thoughts of a club like Hereford ? Get real, we are on a bad run, that is all, the club is poised for a great future. I assume that most of the posters on here were not supporters during the Archers days, when it was really bad, both on and off the pitch.

Of course there have been better times recently, but this is Brighton and we are above where we should be after our recent history, some people must accept that. Be patient and in 5 years time after more up and downs we will be a premiership club with stability, Rome was not built in a day.

On Players, managers, etc, it's just a job for them, they don't really have the passion we have, we again have to accept that, that is no different in
All my 50 years of supporting this club.

If you don't want to renew your season ticket then don't, your choice.

Rant over, work now.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Given the capacity at the Amex and the fact that getting a ticket will be no problem for 95% of the games, I imagine up to 10k people may feel the same way next season
All the blokes (and their kids) who currently enjoy a guaranteed pass to The Amex are not going to give that up in exchange for having to negotiate domestically and then shell out £30 a ticket every time they want to go...

If our season continues to be a bit depressing, especially at home, then STH numbers will obviously fall - but not by that much.

STH numbers will remain high at The Amex.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bloody hell, looks like I am reading the thoughts of a club like Hereford ? Get real, we are on a bad run, that is all, the club is poised for a great future. I assume that most of the posters on here were not supporters during the Archers days, when it was really bad, both on and off the pitch.

Of course there have been better times recently, but this is Brighton and we are above where we should be after our recent history, some people must accept that. Be patient and in 5 years time after more up and downs we will be a premiership club with stability, Rome was not built in a day.

On Players, managers, etc, it's just a job for them, they don't really have the passion we have, we again have to accept that, that is no different in
All my 50 years of supporting this club.

If you don't want to renew your season ticket then don't, your choice.

Rant over, work now.

Why revert to the Archer years to back your argument? The club has moved on since then and so should you. For your reference i go back a lot further pal. As Barber says we are customers and right now and i'm unhappy with things on and off the pitch. Before you come out with that line about being ungrateful with what Bloom has done then don't bother, save your breath.

Of course it's my choice not to renew and this is a forum to discuss such things.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Personally, I found it harder to go last season at times. Although we were a more successful side, we were hideously dull. This season has been more of a rollercoaster,

- excitement at a new manager,
- disappointment as signings during window,
- excitement at signings after window and Bolton win,
- descent into bottom four,
- Bent signing.

I don't consider my supporting of the club to ever be in the balance but the bit I highlighted above it something I agree with wholeheartedly. For the last 3 seasons, our squad had an identity and a core of players that had grown together. These were enhanced by some cracking additions which in turn contributed to an upwardly mobile squad. Right now, I look at our squad and see a group of "just passing through" players, very few of which will still be here in 2-3 seasons time (or even 1 season!)

Pretty much agree with this. My, for want of a better phrase is not in trouble, but the lack of continuity through injury last season and transfer dealings this season do seem to have torn the heart out of the 'team'. I do not buy into the 'club has no soul' crap that is spouted on here all the time, I wholeheartedly disagree. I believe the club has plenty of soul and that Bloom and Barber do care deeply about the club and I personally feel well looked after as a fan/customer delete where applicable.

What is worrying me though is ON the pitch, we do not look like a team. It is telling that so many of the new signings have failed to establish themselves in the first team, it's poor strike-rate by any stretch of the imagination. I'd wager that the recent scouting change means that this has not gone unnoticed by the top brass at the club. I have no problem with us being limited by budget but i do have a problem with this poor conversion rate of signings to players. It is something that the recruitment team and the manager need to take responsibility, they either fix it or look elsewhere for employment.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

I will go back to what i did during the Withdean years and that's to buy tickets of here at bargain prices.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here