Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The annual 'real or fake Christmas Tree' debate

What sort of Christmas Tree do you go for?

• Real

Votes: 45 49.5%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 45.1%
  • No Christmas Tree

Votes: 5 5.5%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Real.

But when does it go up?

That was going to be the second part of this. For us, it's going to be this Sunday (the 7th). It feels too early but because of slightly complicated family mechanics, it's the day we have to do it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Fake, pre lit, bung it up, take it down, shove it in the loft.
It goes up around 20th when Christmas starts and not today like Good morning Britain. Cant believe they had 2 trees up this morning I would be bored with it by Christmas Eve.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The mother in law is very traditional, has a real tree with real candles in it as decorations. I mean actual fire, in a tree, inside a house :eek:

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
6ft cactus (euphorbia tbh) with Brighton and Hove Albion baubles... hung on today .. It's December :xmas:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Real. I have a beautiful 6'6" Nordmann nestling in the corner at the House of Earle, laden with nostalgic baubles collected over 34 years of wedded bliss to Mrs Earle.
Looking forward to the poll on Cut or Rooted and Potted!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That was going to be the second part of this. For us, it's going to be this Sunday (the 7th). It feels too early but because of slightly complicated family mechanics, it's the day we have to do it.

Ours goes up this weekend for two reasons :

a. The Mrs demands it
b. VERY complicated family mechanics

Hopefully it will last until the sixth of January. Feeding it lemonade worked a treat last year.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A real one - all the time, every time...........

So long as it's a live one, with roots on, that can be planted in the garden and dug up and brought back in year after year. For as long as you're young enough and strong enough, that is, and as long as the missis doesn't whinge too much about hoovering up the needles (this last is a minor consideration by the way!)

....until you get to around 50ish, and the damn thing's too feckin' big to dig up and get in the house without cutting the top off (and the missis is now about three stone heavier than you and will no longer hoover anything you tell her to) - then you go and buy an artificial one!

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm not one for all the Christmas fluff, but if there's one thing you've got to have, it's a decent real Christmas tree. Fake ones are just tacky shite in my opinion (and at Christmas, there is A LOT of tacky shite)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here