Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Byron Anthony retires

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
"It is with regret that Newport County AFC has to announce the retirement of Byron Anthony from Professional Football. The County defender has been fighting fitness since a double ankle break during the League Cup tie with Brighton & Hove Albion in August 2013."

Read more at http://www.newport-county.co.uk/new...rom-football-2117844.aspx#kz7ovjhLgFKqu1Ip.99

Never nice to hear a player having to leave the game through injury.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Calde will be upset by this news, just another 50/50 challenge and its ended a fellow professional's career.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Sad to see. :down:

I still maintain that the red is one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen in person, but I certainly feel for Anthony as it was no more his fault than it was Calde's. It seems almost wrong to dismiss it as such, but it really was just a freak occurence, certainly with no malice or intention to do harm.

As [MENTION=12225]MacKenzie[/MENTION] said, Calde will surely be upset by this. Didn't he go in the ambulance with Anthony after it happened?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I still maintain that the red is one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen in person, but I certainly feel for Anthony as it was no more his fault than it was Calde's. It seems almost wrong to dismiss it as such, but it really was just a freak occurence, certainly with no malice or intention to do harm.

As [MENTION=12225]MacKenzie[/MENTION] said, Calde will surely be upset by this. Didn't he go in the ambulance with Anthony after it happened?

He visited him in hospital certainly.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Edinburgh's reaction didn't help, but I guess Garcia would have been the same if Calde had come off worse.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Edinburgh's reaction didn't help, but I guess Garcia would have been the same if Calde had come off worse.

Very true, Edinburgh and his whole coaching team made tits of themselves which surely didn't help.

Ah well, c'est la vie and just a shame it's ended as it has.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here