Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Playing for the u21s tonight. I know he had a slight dip in form but surely something else has happened. Was the one 'shoe-in' midfielder we had a few months back. Imo head and shoulders our best for midfielder. Yet Hyypia plays Ince / JFC / Gardner again - possibly the weakest midfield trio in the league :(

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Playing for the u21s tonight. I know he had a slight dip in form but surely something else has happened. Was the one 'shoe-in' midfielder we had a few months back. Imo head and shoulders our best for midfielder. Yet Hyypia plays Ince / JFC / Gardner again - possibly the weakest midfield trio in the league :(

JFC is a pathetic **** and very shit !!!!!
:tosser:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
JFC is a pathetic **** and very shit !!!!!
:tosser:

Nice. Calling a 20 year kid trying to do his best for the club you support a 'pathetic ****'. Get a life.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Just giving Danny some match practice, especially if he is to feature this weekend.

I agree with your disappointment that Danny hasn't featured more prominently this season. When he first arrived there was a touch of class about his presence in front of the CBs, I recall on his debut in the first half at Leeds he heavily influenced our clinical play, right from the kick off there was a hint of arrogance as he put his foot on the ball, had a good look around the pitch and sprayed a couple of fizzing forward passes straight to Albion players. Plus he was hungry for taking set pieces. Looked like a decent acquisition.

His absence is curious, especially with Crofts and Stephens injured and Ince and JFC not firing on all cylinders. Yet loanee Gardner gets the gig ahead of Holla. To be fair there have been a couple of games where Danny seems to have run out of stamina after an hour or so. I also feel that Danny's game suffered a bit when Sami's wing back formation caused us more problems at the back and we were getting exposed by pace. Maybe Danny deserves another go now that Sami has reined in the wing backs a notch or two.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

I simply can't fathom out this manager :(

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I simply can't fathom out this manager :(

There's nothing to fathom out, he doesn't know what his best team is, he doesn't play a formation to suit the players he has and he has no motivational skills what so ever. With each passing day, we are heading faster and faster toward relegation and if Bloom doesn't act fast it could be to late for anyone to come in and turn it around. Because that will take time in itself.. This season is all about just staying up now.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
There was an item on Danny Holla on the official website which explains ....

"“The first four or five games I played well but it was difficult because I come in straight away and had no pre-season.

“I played a lot of games which was good for me but the past few weeks I have been tired and not used to playing so many games.

“I’m not happy with how I have played in the last few games, but I have felt better over the last week and hope I can get my confidence again and play like I did at the start.”
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/holla-targets-top-form-2054011.aspx#XCyxbJ8ZHAu9wu13.99

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I'd agree that on this season's showing, he's the best midfielder we've got, and its baffling why he hasn't got back in to a losing side after the injury he picked up that kept him out for a game or two. His delivery from set pieces is why our centre half is our top scorer, and he's not afraid to SMASH someone in a tackle either. I'd play him in a midfield three with Ince and one of JFC or Gardner, both of whom I think are getting an unreasonable amount of stick, and are decent players being let down by a crap system.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Who knows what the thinking is behind anything to do with the Albion these days? I would have thought Holla was the type of player we've been crying out for in midfield but obviously not.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Similar to Tex - looked great when he started for us, but form dipped and now he can't even get in the squad! You have to wonder why this is happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here