Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hyypia-011214-l229-2116664_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
13:41 1st December 2014
by James Hilsum
He has done well this season and I hope that being captain will lift him to the next level."
Sami Hyypia

Sami Hyypia felt vindicated in his decision to hand Lewis Dunk the captain’s armband for Brighton & Hove Albion's match against Fulham on Saturday.
Dunk stepped up in the absence of Gordon Greer and the Albion boss believes that the 22-year-old has a very bright future in the game.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “With Gordon Greer ruled out and Greg Halford on the bench, I was thinking that Bruno would be the next senior player who could be a good captain.
“I then spoke with Bruno to explain why I decided to let Dunky have the armband.
“He has done well this season and I hope that being captain will lift him to the next level. He is still a young player, but is very capable and there is still more to come from him.
“He leads by example more than being the loudest in the dressing room.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Finn also says that Dunk has not been fazed by the extra responsibility and is confident he can maintain a high level of performance throughout the season.
“After seeing the way he played on Saturday, I can see that being captain has not messed his game up.
“There is always a risk that if you put a young player as captain, he will change what he has been doing all season.
“That was a concern of mine, but he proved that he can perform well with the armband as well. He has all the attributes needed to step up to the next level.”[h=3]ALBION V MILLWALL
[/h]FRIDAY 12TH November, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]friday 26th december, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v BRENTFORD
[/h]SATURDAY 17TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here