Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami An Uninspiring Man

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I really wanted Sami to be successful but after hearing this interview ive decided that he's not what we want, granted we had just been defeated at home, again, but consider these facts:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30204188

Didn't know when Bent last played 90 minutes

WE can dominate teams with our style of play

We compete well with our style of play

On being asked about our setplay inability he appeared casual

ON being in the bottom three didn't appear to worry or concern us.

I found the whole interview really difficult to listen too, uninspiring, dull and almost depressive, if this is what the players are getting, no wonder they appear not to be motivated!

We have serious problems that almost everyone can see, except the Emperor in his new Clothes

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Well done for starting a thread on this - shame there are at least 57 of various varieties of "Sami out" on the board already.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
What worries me is when asked about his tactics & maybe considering playing 2 up front, he was in denial that the way he sets the team to play has any bearing on our league position & almost suggested that even if we played 4-4-2 we would still be where we are.

If the man is not prepared to change things when it clearly isn't working then maybe Bloom is the one who has to change things ?????

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Well done for starting a thread on this - shame there are at least 57 of various varieties of "Sami out" on the board already.

Never heard him speak directly and for six minutes, dreadful, no charisma at all. If this is what the young men in the team have to deal with then theres probably a clue to our performances.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants

Does this really matter, if it does not interest you, why did you open it ? Obviously to make the above stupid comment or to be clever in pointing out the obvious. let the poster have his say even if it has been previously covered.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
He will take us down so we must keep up the volume of threads. The thread rampage last night when those rumours surfaced must make uneasy reading for TB who is dangerously close to losing the fans. The polls on here do not tell lies. They could not be more cut and dried. If everyone was not so keen to leave the AMEX quickly after games, I feel sure we would have coalesced around hounding the Finn out by now.

Millwall will be a nightmare. What 14k through the gate? At least it will give TB a glimpse into the future.

Also this is a fans forum. The Polls are clear cut. And so the nominal 'editor' (i.e. Bozza) should publicly call for his head on behalf of his readers.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Exactly, he has been a cure for insomnia in every single interview since he arrived here. I am astounded he talked his way into the job tbh.

Q: How do you spot an extrovert Finn?

A: When talking to you, he stares at your feet instead of his own

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Exactly, he has been a cure for insomnia in every single interview since he arrived here. I am astounded he talked his way into the job tbh.

I can fully appreciate the 'cool, calm and collected' nonchalant approach to management, Mourinho has made a career of it. Trouble is, that only really works when you're winning.

There needs to be a point where the manager holds his hands up and goes absolutely batshit mental. I get the feeling you could murder one of Hyypia's nearest and dearest and he'd just glaze over, declaring it unfortunate and that he hopes no one will die next week.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I didn't think anyone could be more dull than Oscar Garcia in their post match interviews.....I was wrong

I think TB has deliberately gone for quiet men after Poyet - he doesn't want anyone to rock the boat like Gus, so has gone for the uninspiring, 'calm and collected' options. Shame - I miss Gus's passion, and his interviews were always entertaining.

Last edited:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I really wanted Sami to be successful but after hearing this interview ive decided that he's not what we want, granted we had just been defeated at home, again, but consider these facts:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30204188

Didn't know when Bent last played 90 minutes

WE can dominate teams with our style of play

We compete well with our style of play

On being asked about our setplay inability he appeared casual

ON being in the bottom three didn't appear to worry or concern us.

I found the whole interview really difficult to listen too, uninspiring, dull and almost depressive, if this is what the players are getting, no wonder they appear not to be motivated!

We have serious problems that almost everyone can see, except the Emperor in his new Clothes

Wow! That is seriously frightening - he comes across as somebody who has no contact with the team or of reality, and simply doesn't appreciate that its broken and needs fixing!!

Rambling, cliché ridden platitudes!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I didn't think anyone could be more dull than Oscar Garcia in their post match interviews.....I was wrong

Oscar was a pole dancing, attention seeking extrovert in comparison with Hyypia. Well, nearly.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

But this is slightly different to be fair.

This is absolutely awful. No wonder we are where we are. A sunday league pub team manager would be able to make more sense!

Admits that players are not following instructions at set pieces !!!! so they really respect him!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here